What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Budget waterproof cover for Leaking corsa-c ! - logger

Hi

I have a corsa-c with the dreaded wet drivers floor. While I get it sorted myself as the car is not driven now ( I am putting it up for sale ) I wanted to limit the water getting in. I t could be window or door seals or I've heard pedals

So I am looking for a budget waterproof car to just keep the rain out at least until I sort it or sell it

Hundreds out there on amazon etc so looking for recommendations

cheers

Budget waterproof cover for Leaking corsa-c ! - Xileno

I had one years ago from Halfords that was very good quality. Possibly cheaper ones out there though.

Budget waterproof cover for Leaking corsa-c ! - elekie&a/c doctor
Be careful with cheap car covers . They can cause the paintwork to lift . Water leak into drivers footwell will be the pedal box body seam sealant has failed .

Edited by elekie&a/c doctor on 12/03/2021 at 11:19

Budget waterproof cover for Leaking corsa-c ! - focussed

Lidl sometimes have them in stock, but of course not when you want one!

I bought one to stop dust fallout prior to selling after I had polished the car but it sweats under it, dry on top , wet underneath!

Budget waterproof cover for Leaking corsa-c ! - VengaPete

Having had a Corsa C with the same problem, the wet drivers floor is nearly always the bulkhead seal on the panel that holds the brake master cylinder. Passenger side is normally blocked scuttle drain holes on passenger side which then overflows down the pollen filter box.
It's a pain in the proverbial to do as you have to take out the window scuttle cosmetics, wiper assembly, brake master cylinder before you can even think about removing the panel to clear off old sealant. And then refitting is reverse of removal.
It helps if you are flexible as you will have to get in under the steering wheel to disconnect the bake pedal.

It's a really bad design as it puts the lower edge of the panel at a low point in the wiper assembly / scuttle area where all rainwater goes. It helps to keep the scuttle drain holes clear but once its gone leaky, renewing the sealant is the only sure fix.

As you are selling, renew the sealant goo and you should be good. We renewed goo and sold ours as we needed an auto. If you were keeping longer term I seem to remember there is a better silicone seal available nowadays as it is such a common issue on a Corsa C.

Budget waterproof cover for Leaking corsa-c ! - blindspot

you should try to fix it. you might be able to seal it with waterproof tape. it will leak around the master cylinder as just mentioned above. you might get away without taking it apart. anyhow what about the next owner

Budget waterproof cover for Leaking corsa-c ! - logger

Thanks

So does the 'quick fix' you mentioned involve all the parts removing by the previous comment or can it be done quite quickly.

I'm only selling the car for £500 with a full mot and only 65k miles so dont want to spend any extra money on it

Budget waterproof cover for Leaking corsa-c ! - elekie&a/c doctor
There is no real quick fix if you want to do this properly. The part of the body seam that leaks is very difficult to access . The correct procedure is to remove the steering column, brake and clutch pedal box , brake servo and master cylinder. This allows the bulkhead plate to be removed . A sealant gun with a long spout/ applicator might make some improvement.
Budget waterproof cover for Leaking corsa-c ! - blindspot

i had success with this very same thing a couple of years back. take off the front scuttle ,get in there and take a look! i used windscreen sealer. and water proof tape.