What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda Hr-V - Windscreen problem? - geordibbk

Hi all I went to see a 4 year old used Honda Hr-V and it has a white patch on the top centre windscreen about 1.5 inch length. I've tried to link two photos to this post.

ibb.co/bzsqH75
ibb.co/Fn0w7hf

The dealer is saying it's nothing to worry about but I'm not so sure?

Edited by geordibbk on 01/03/2021 at 12:25

Honda Hr-V - Windscreen problem? - Bolt

Hi all I went to see a 4 year old used Honda Hr-V and it has a white patch on the top centre windscreen about 1.5 inch length. I've tried to link two photos to this post.

ibb.co/bzsqH75
ibb.co/Fn0w7hf

The dealer is saying it's nothing to worry about but I'm not so sure?

If thats where the bonding is to the body it might be an air bubble thats gotton trapped during fitting, thats what it looks like to me and nothing to worry about imo...

Do you mean the bonding between the laminate and the glass?

Do you mean the bonding between the laminate and the glass?

Its unusual to see any defect in the lamination on a screen, but can happen where the screen is pushed against the bonding to body

sometimes an air bubble gets inside between the inside of the glass and the bonding which is used to glue the window to steel frame.

unless its me I cannot see whether there is a lamination problem or its a bubble, though more likely a bubble as it does happen when fitting windscreens in place

Thanks, I do wonder if it'll get worse over time. I had someone tell me they think it could be water trapped in between the glass.

Honda Hr-V - Windscreen problem? - sammy1

I would not buy a car that I knew had a windscreen replaced. You have doubts so look for another one

I would not buy a car that I knew had a windscreen replaced. You have doubts so look for another one

Why is that?, many cars have screens replaced and you would never know, unless damage had occurred to surrounding area like A pillars - roof area- there is no reason not to buy a car thats had a replacement, its as strong as the original! if not stronger as glass weakens over time

Honda Hr-V - Windscreen problem? - Andrew-T

So if you were unlucky enough to need a replacement windscreen, would you get rid of the car afterwards ?

Thought not ....

So if you were unlucky enough to need a replacement windscreen, would you get rid of the car afterwards ?

Thought not ....

No I probably would not. The OP is in a different position, he has not bought the car and the iffy screen would get on most peoples nerves especially if they had paid out big money. That is why he is asking the question He already has doubt

Thought not ....

No I probably would not. The OP is in a different position, he has not bought the car and the iffy screen would get on most peoples nerves especially if they had paid out big money. That is why he is asking the question He already has doubt

Its on the edge of the screen, so its possible air got in then was replaced by water, its difficult to tell by those photos, the screen surround afaia is not water tight as I think its clipped in place

the mark imo is not going to do any harm apart from aggravating the owner looking at it, but will be out of sight inside the car, the OPs best bet is get a windscreen fitter to look at it and get their opinion

Its on the edge of the screen, so its possible air got in then was replaced by water, its difficult to tell by those photos, the screen surround afaia is not water tight as I think its clipped in place

One hard frost and bang goes the screen!

Simple answer, if OP wants it, get the garage to replace windscreen due to risk of it breaking, or walk.

Simple answer, if OP wants it, get the garage to replace windscreen due to risk of it breaking, or walk.

Thanks all for the comments. Dealer wasn't willing to replace the windscreen unfortunately.

It may be worth the risk of buying and if the screen does crack and your insurance covers the screen get insurance to cover it,

Some insurances cover with a £75 excess depending on ins co and as long as you use their replacement service

So its no big deal having screen replaced if it does go, if your insured, any screen can break at any time its a risk on any car !