What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Temporary insurance on a car - BPL

I need to find temporary insurance for a loan car for a 24 yer old. It's only for 2 weeks. It's more than my annual premium to add him to my car as a named driver ;-(

Temporary insurance on a car - _

I need to find temporary insurance for a loan car for a 24 yer old. It's only for 2 weeks. It's more than my annual premium to add him to my car as a named driver ;-(

How much is your annual premium? if its £300 or less extra, it's a bargain otherwise...

Google temp insurance, lots of offers there! but might still be cheaper to add to yours..

Temporary insurance on a car - MVP

Might be cheaper to hire a car, must be loads sitting around doing nothing at the moment

Temporary insurance on a car - badbusdriver

Just out of curiosity, is the quote you received to put him down as a named driver temporary?.

I ask because a few years ago my Mother in law enquired how much it would cost to add my wife as a named driver for a short period, can't remember how long but no more than a week. And while I don't remember what figure was quoted for the temporary cover (it wasn't much, maybe £25), turned out that adding my wife to the policy as a permanent named driver didn't cost anything, so that's what they did!.

Edited by badbusdriver on 03/02/2021 at 10:56

Temporary insurance on a car - mcb100
I know it’s an old thread, but I’ll chip in with my recent findings.
I looked around at getting short term insurance for my provisional licence holding daughter whilst her driving lessons aren’t running, the theory being she could drive whilst making necessary journeys. Adding her to the existing policy multiplied the monthly premium by a factor of 10, but taking out a separate policy meant 2 months full comprehensive cover, £250 excess, was £95. That’s on a 19 registered Captur.