What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
I've Done it!!! - changedsam2

I've done it, after so long actually saying i was going to do it and moaning about I can't and giving excuses I've actually just applied for my provisional licence!!!

I've Done it!!! - Brit_in_Germany

Well done!

I've Done it!!! - thunderbird

Thought you were banned.

Have you not read Avants last message to you.

I sent you this morning an Email which you clearly haven't read. I have now forward it to yet another address, the one that appears on this thread.....which is now closed.

I did read it yes, he said don't return if you're going to abuse people. I'm not going to abuse people, I'm actually improving my life now with the talents he told me that I have!

I've been reading that the provisional lasts for 10 years, is that true. I know after you pass the written test you have 2 years to pass the practical or it expires but the actual licence lasts 10 years?

If so thats brilliant, a whole new decade can be a whole new me! By 2030 I could be driving on the road!!

I've Done it!!! - FP

I'll say this again for the benefit of anyone who isn't in the picture:

This poster has serious issues, none of them related to motoring. You cannot help him - he doesn't listen. He will attempt to spin out a thread to get people to engage with him. In the end it will disintegrate into abuse.

He has history with every single internet forum you can find.

Don't be fooled by this latest up-beat post. I suggest no-one wastes their time replying.

Avant may well zap the thread anyway.

Can you please be kinder and more positive. I am sorting out the issues that I have. I am actually using my talents that Avant told me I have. You do realize people can improve, well you know what, thats what I'm doing now, i'm going to start improving, this is a massive step for me so no FP

It won't end in abuse this time.

Can we quote you on that later?

Yes you can but you won't need to because I won't do it (:

I've Done it!!! - Andrew-T

OK, Sam, so you need to 'talk' to people a lot, or you wouldn't spend so much time on chatrooms. But this one is to do with motoring, or things closely related, not really to meet the insatiable needs of certain people. Just take it easy and get more involved with other things which don't need a broadband connection.

The only reason why this changed this time Andrew was because of others changing the subject. My original question wasn't answered which was is it true a provisional lasts 10 years so driving is about motoring.

Also Andrew yes I need to talk to people but at the moment with the coronavirus its difficult to do real things which don't need broadband. I can't see my friends at the moment or go out at the moment until at least September. When September comes and university starts I probably won't even have time to come on here or any other site

Same as if this virus wasn't around but the positive is if this virus wasn't here I wouldn't have applied

I've Done it!!! - Bromptonaut

The Provisional Licence is valid for ten years. You are right about the time limit between the Therory/HP pass and the practical test.

Once you pass the test you have two years to exchange the Provisional plus Pass Certificate for a full licence.

Thank you for your answer! (:

I've Done it!!! - KB.

For goodness sake, people, listen to FP, above. He has put his finger on it.

If you're not convinced Google samthefootball and see for yourself the hundreds and hundreds of hours that other people on countless forums have wasted engaging with this individual - on Digital Spy alone he made over FOUR AND A HALF THOUSAND posts, all revolving around the sort of stuff you're replying to him about here.

As FP says, there's hardly a forum on the internet he hasn't joined and been banned from.

Yes, he needs help, but not on an internet forum and definitrly not on a motoring forum (or a photography or gaming or weight loss or landlords forum) ... all of which he's joined and got chucked out of. Often having abused genuine posters who were gullible enough to get involved with him.

You do realize that people can change and become more positive, I have also had help in the past. Like I said I'm not going to abuse people again because I am changing for the better, I am getting the help, and I am turning my life around

I've Done it!!! - Bromptonaut

Often having abused genuine posters who were gullible enough to get involved with him.

I'm not gullible but I think people with health problems deserve some slack.

I've Done it!!! - Avant

"I did read it yes, he said don't return if you're going to abuse people."

Just for the record, this is what I said:

Dear Sam

I have asked you politely, and now do so again, not to come back on the Honest John forum.

You have got to ask yourself - 'why am I being banned from so many forums?'

Think back to what you said in reply to a polite, sensible post from Theophilus advising you to get professional help with your issues of anger management. I don't doubt that you have very real problems. but by swearing and insulting people you lose the sympathy that you might have had.

Listen to other people and accept help, so that you can move on in life and use the talents that I'm sure you have.

Best wishes

Avant

Bromptonaut is absolutely right. He needs sympathy and help: but with the best will in the world this forum isn't the right place to look for it. I don't think any of us is a professional in the field that he needs.

I've Done it!!! - Maxime.

Dear Sam

You have got to ask yourself - 'why am I being banned from so many forums Listen to other people and accept help, so that you can move on in life and use the talents that I'm sure you have.
Best wishes Avant

"DITTO!"

I've Done it!!! - Avant

Further to the above, very many thanks to KB and FP who have pointed out that this has been going on in lots of other forums. In fact since 2017, would you believe.

As someone said on another forum:

"If anyone is thinking of replying to this thread seriously and actually offering advice, don't. Just google "samthefootball" and you'll read the same stuff on dozens of different forums and the same outcome - advice is given, advice is ignored, Sam turns nasty, Sam is banned. Rinse and repeat."

He was apparently getting professional help back in 2017. And even then he was saying that he'd changed and wouldn't be rude again. I'm a Christian and believe that he still genuinely needs help, but one can understand why the cynical view is that he's a troll - a sort of latter-day Henry Root.

Sorry, Sam, but this is the end of the road for you on this forum.

Edited by Avant on 07/07/2020 at 14:58

Then where do I go.

You do realize I can just change my IP address and come back. You can't get rid of me and it's not fair that you want to. Thanks alot FB and KB.

Give me another forum I can go on if i'm going to be banned from here and tell me where I can get help and advice from driving?

Edited by changedsam2 on 07/07/2020 at 14:59

I've Done it!!! - Andrew-T

Then where do I go. Give me another forum I can go on if i'm going to be banned from here and tell me where I can get help and advice from driving?

Sam - please consider what many people are saying to you. Answers do not have to come from online forums (fora), there are other sources of help, which often comes better from a face-to-face meeting (when those are possible). It is also much easier to lose one's rag when online than when talking to a real person. So turn your computer or smartphone off for a while and come down to the real world from cyberspace.

Actually it sounds as if Sam may need anger management less than envy management - concentrate on what you have, rather than what others have.

Edited by Andrew-T on 07/07/2020 at 15:44

So where do I go then. I do not need help with my anger management. I have only been like this because of what my step siblings have and I don't and this virus has caused alot of that

You tell me where I can go then as I wanted advice about driving, the theory and practical. If my stepbrother was on here asking this you would give him advice so why not me

Where on earth do I go when I have improved because I am banned from so many sites

Sorry, Sam, but this is the end of the road for you on this forum

Apparently not. Seems he has set you a challenge.

I want to know where i can go thunderbird

What other site can give me advice driving. You do realize social media is the only way to go at the moment and people on forums can be helpful. So give me a helpful fourm

Someone give me another site to go on. You actually don't understand how difficult it is. I have no job, no car, no girlfriend, i haven't graduated from uni.

My stepsisblings have ALL of that. they have EVERYTHING i want. I have got nowhere in my life. So you tell me what to do!!!

Hey, because i haven't had it in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020. I still haven't kissed a girl, held a girls hand.

Anger management can't help me because i tell you what i won't be happy unitill i have what they HAVE which i WANT.

Someone give me another site to go on.

Try this one, looks perfect. ogusers.com/index.php

No it doesn't it is american, they don't understand, it looks stupid. I want a uk site where I can go on asking advice about driving. I would get banned from there because I would get angry again

And you tell me what anger management and help will do will it

1. Get me a girlfriend-no

2. Get me a job-no

3. Help me drive and get me a car-no

4. Help me graduate from uni-no

5. Help me not get banned-no

6. Help me improve my life-no

Edited by Avant on 07/07/2020 at 15:19

How about this one Sam. My cousin uses it .

we were talking and I mentioned yourposts to him and he has had a lot of help from them.

www.mentalhealthforum.net/

They are ultra tolerant.

I'm banned from that one because again i was getting angry and they didn't like it so I can't go on there either.

What did he say earlier this afternoon,I know

Wish I had put a bet on.

I've Done it!!! - KB.

He's been there - and been banned from it.

I don't know why you would call me a troll how do you think it feels being alone, not having the things my step siblings have, hey how do you honestly think it feels.

I have NOTHING, they have EVERYTHING i want TODAY f***ING TODAY!

I've gone back on that mental health forum, hopefully they won't ban me again. People just don't understand. I just feel like crying everyday. I want what my step siblings have

I've gone back on that mental health forum, hopefully they won't ban me again.

Now repeat to yourself the above and don't give them reason to ban you.

I've Done it!!! - madf

I have purposely not commented on this thread.

Sam: if you behave like this in real life,no wonder you achieve nothing.

You lie, upset everyone and act like a spoiled five year old.

Tour own actions are designed to produce failure.

And as you don't listen, no-one will want to help you..

I don't lie

I've Done it!!! - mcb100
Sam, why do you need forums to help you.
My seventeen year old daughter has just applied for her theory test but isn’t using any forums. She’s using websites and apps to prepare, and not having to interact with anyone online.

Your daughter is probably happy unlike me, your daughter probably isn't the failure of the family unlike me. Doesn't get things wrong unlike me

I am a failure to my family, they never treat me the way they do my stepbrother and stepsister. I'm always the failure, the one who will end up nowhere. They seem so proud of them getting a job, having partners, driving and graduation. They have never been proud of me

I've Done it!!! - Penumbra

So that went well !

I've Done it!!! - FP

This will probably all disappear soon, but I do have some sympathy for Sam - or perhaps it's pity.

However, he is disruptive and internet forums are no place for him. He needs professional help, which apparently he has had/is having.

He clearly seeks attention and needs to vent his frustrations, but again, the internet is not the way to go. He has said he will give up frequenting forums, but it seems he cannot stop himself.

Respond to him if you wish, but you're wasting your time. I sincerely hope no-one feels it would be fun to string him along by just keeping the thread going - that would not be nice.

Edited by FP on 07/07/2020 at 15:42

Instead of being on here, he could do the online theorty tests and the visual/situation/risk tests to practise, buthe won't get any attention from them, as they will only score pass or fail.

So he is here, and at least making me laugh while i am having a nice cuddle with my boyfriend with a glass of wine after we drove to the shops and met friends for a socially distanced pint.

not that there was much social distancing going on.

Like I said I want what they have, I want what my stepbrother has being with his girlfriend. I wish I was sharing a glass of wine with the girl I like but I can't. I can't meet my friends. I can't go to the pub.

I want to be happy, get away from fourms but until I get what my stepbrother and stepsister have I would be happy

You do realize they have been abroad with their partners. Even if I got a girlfriend, I wouldn't even be able to do that

No because my stepbrother is with his girlfriend in his house right now planning on a wedding, my stepsister is happy with her boyfriend happy.

Even if i logged out of forums I won't be happy because I won't have what they have. I can't plan a wedding, I can't look for a house with a girlfriend because I don't even have one.

They are happy, they have everything I want. If I had half of what they had I would be happier

I've Done it!!! - Avant

"I sincerely hope no-one feels it would be fun to string him along by just keeping the thread going - that would not be nice."

I would hope not too, but let's not risk it. Enough I think.