What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Mercedes-Benz C-Class C180 Kompressor 2005 - Oil light stuck on - Adam Ridgley

Hello all,

I'm new to the forum and I know next to nothing about cars. I need some advice if possible. Also if I'm posting this in the wrong place let me know :)

I'm looking at buying a 2005 merc c180 1.8 kompressor. I've spoken to the seller (who is a mechanic) and he has told me that it's all fine, the car has full service history, drives fine no issues, except for the oil light on the dashboard stays on.

He says it's nothing to worry about, wiring has been checked, oil filter and sensor has been replaced, but should I be worried? I thought I'd ask and see if anyone here knows what it could be? The last thing I wanna do is make an hour journey to get the car for it to have major issues.

Many thanks for your time!

Adam

Mercedes-Benz C-Class C180 Kompressor 2005 - Oil light stuck on - paul 1963

Walk away Adam, suspect it's got low oil pressure, there's plenty more out there.

Mercedes-Benz C-Class C180 Kompressor 2005 - Oil light stuck on - bathtub tom

Don't walk, RUN. If a mechanic's flogging it and they can't put the light out It's going to be an expensive problem.

Mercedes-Benz C-Class C180 Kompressor 2005 - Oil light stuck on - Adam Ridgley

Okay, thanks for the help!

Mercedes-Benz C-Class C180 Kompressor 2005 - Oil light stuck on - RT

Walk away - if it was a simple fix, the seller would do that themself - so it can't be a simple fix.

Mercedes-Benz C-Class C180 Kompressor 2005 - Oil light stuck on - edlithgow

I''m curious as to how he would explain it away, if pressed.

"It's all fine but I can't make it go away and I;ve eliminated the simple fixes but its all fine"

That's a pretty good start to a BS Bonanza but I'd think there's more available if you are prepared to dig for it.

Mercedes-Benz C-Class C180 Kompressor 2005 - Oil light stuck on - thunderbird

Find a good newer Focus for the same money. If you really want a Merc badge you can probably get one off e-bay or even off a young local crook.