What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Toyota Auris and Verso - Dirty exhaust pipe = burning oil (?) - Benet

I have a 2010 Auris 1.3 petrol which suffers from loss of oil. I believe this is related to the black soot on the inside of the exhaust pipe, (this was corroborated by another Auris owner on this Forum.) In every other way the car is fine. But regularly topping up the oil is a nuisance. Now (as mentioned in another thread) I have recently paid a deposit on a 2016 Verso 1.8 petrol (approx 30k miles) and I did find the exhaust pipe was a bit black inside, though better than the Auris. I assumed it would be OK, but it was blacker than some of the other Verso's we looked at.

But I have just now looked at the exhaust pipe on our 17 yr old Honda Stream - spotless. This is causing some slight buyer's remorse. It would be annoying, to say nothing more, if the Verso is burning as much oil as the Auris when it reaches the same age.

Should I back out? In that case we will have the hassle of either looking at other Verso's for cleaner exhaust pipes, or buying a Honda import

Edited by Benet on 28/06/2020 at 14:39