Suzuki SX4 S-Cross - Suzuki S Cross 1.6 DDiS Allgrip - conflicting dealership advise - dean94

Hi

I have recently purchased a used '14 plate Suzuki S Cross with 30,500 miles on the clock and in very good condition. Some 5 - 6 weeks after I purchased it the front wheel arch trim on the offside of the vehicle has started to come away. The trim clip is broken and some (what looks like) silicon sealant has been squirted into the gap - presumably in an effort to re-attach it. My own research (calling a couple of Suzuki main dealers) shows that this trim and the liner are routinely removed when a new timing belt and water pump are fitted. This work was done on the vehicle before I collected it. However, the supplier (Batchelors Suzuki, Ripon) are denying responsibility for the broken trim and denying removing the trim when they carried out the work. I have 2 queries I hope you can help me with

1. Is the trim and liner removed for replacement of the timing belt and water pump or not?

2. Is the trim initially fixed to the bodywork by the OEM with patchy squirts of thin silicon strips that resemble irregular patchy blobs of spaghetti? The sealant on my car does not resemble something I would associate with an OEM.

Dean

Edited by dean94 on 06/01/2020 at 09:08

Suzuki SX4 S-Cross - Suzuki S Cross - conflicting dealership advise - bazza

It would be routine on most East West rngines to improve access the belt and pump through the o/s wheelarch. Is it a diesel, as the petrol is chain cam I thought. Also, there are always clips holding these plastic trims in place, easy to break and fiddly things. Sounds like a botch when no clips were available. Easily sorted through fitting new clips, they're not expensive.

Suzuki SX4 S-Cross - Suzuki S Cross - conflicting dealership advise - dean94

Hi Bazza, thanks for reply. Yes, it is the diesel (sorry I should have made that clear) - you are right about the petrol being chain, shame the diesel isn't.

I think the trim / clip is actually broken and a botch has been done, but can't quite see without prising it off further and risking further damage.