What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda CR-V 2007 - Slow to heat up - easypeasy

Hi folks. I’ve had this crv for a few months now,and I’m very happy with it,apart from one thing. The heater in this Honda seems to take ages to get the warm air flowing. I’ve had loads of cars older than this,and they never seemed to be an issue. Is there anything I should check,or is it just a slow heater upper?! Cheers

Honda CR-V 2007 - Slow to heat up - elekie&a/c doctor
Is the engine slow to reach temperature? Possible thermostat issue? Also some of these older Crv models have a mechanical cable operated heater control valve in the engine bay , make sure it’s opening fully .
Honda CR-V 2007 - Slow to heat up - easypeasy

Thanks,I’ll get that checked

Honda CR-V 2007 - Slow to heat up - focussed

If it's the 2.2 diesel, yes they do take time to heat up, our 2.2 in the Civic would take 3-4 miles to get up to full temperature this time of year. If it's a petrol, it should take about half of that distance.

Honda CR-V 2007 - Slow to heat up - RT

Because diesels are more efficient than petrols, less waste heat is produced - it's this waste heat that's used to warm the cabin - in cold weather, in congested road conditions a diesel may never heat up fully.

Honda CR-V 2007 - Slow to heat up - focussed

Yet our old L200 2.5 litre diesel only takes about 2 miles to warm up!

Indirect injection and a massive egr cooler extracting heat from the exhaust gas.

Honda CR-V 2007 - Slow to heat up - Andrew-T

In my experience a smallish diesel engine takes about 3 times as long to warm up as a corresponding petrol engine - maybe 6 miles. In winter the car can stay chilly for quite a while.

Honda CR-V 2007 - Slow to heat up - Ian D
I have a 2008 2.2 CRV CDTI and it takes about 2 to 3 miles of driving in stop start 30 mph traffic for the temperature gauge to register the first segment and for luke warm air to start coming out the vents. My S-Max diesel puts out warm air after about a mile

Edited by Ian D on 22/12/2019 at 20:29