What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
MG ZS 2017 - 9 Month update, some longterm doubts? - oldroverboy.

So, now 9 months on, no further problems to speak of, but tailgate gas struts getting weak.. NOT covered under warranty.

Bodywork thin, another nasty dent on the crease line of the front door n/s.

USB port fell off again into console, not warranty this time...

MG ZS 2017 - 9 Month update, some longterm doubts? - Avant

You'd think that MG UK would be in need of good publicity after making a very slow start, instead of quibbling over an inexpensive item which should of course be covered by warranty - as should the USB port.

One to enjoy for a couple of years and then move on, methinks.

MG ZS 2017 - 9 Month update, some longterm doubts? - Happy Blue!

That is all rather disappointing.

The last new brands into the UK (Dacia, Kia and Hyundai) sold basic cars using old technology and eventually moving their products into the mainstream by concentrating on the obvious things of reliability and value. You can see how Skoda did it as well.

If MG want to play the same game they need to offer good customer service backed by solid engineering. Minor defects are one thing, but simple things like weak struts, thin metal and poorly assembled dash do not help their cause.

MG ZS 2017 - 9 Month update, some longterm doubts? - daveyK_UK
Hi,
In terms of the USB port - did it fall out on its own accord or has someone dragged it out of its plastic surround due to a tight USB stick being difficult to remove?
I ask because a friend had the above issue in his golf and it took lots of arguing to get the dealer to accept this was an issue with the fit and finish and ultimately covered under warranty and not accidental damage caused by user misuse.
MG ZS 2017 - 9 Month update, some longterm doubts? - skidpan
Hi, In terms of the USB port - did it fall out on its own accord or has someone dragged it out of its plastic surround due to a tight USB stick being difficult to remove?

The stubby USB I bought for the Note (it was in the glove box thus a long one would probably have got damaged) was a right b***** to remove when we sold the car. The small panel the socket was in came out with the USB. No problem, simply held both parts and removed USB and then refitted the small panel.

I presumed at the time they make them tight fitting to prevent them falling out in day to day use. Next time I need to remove one (if ever) I will hold both the stick and the panel.

All other cars I have owned that need storage have used an SD card, a simple press and they pop out. USB's are not that common in my experience.

MG ZS 2017 - 9 Month update, some longterm doubts? - oldroverboy.

My usb port fell backwards behind the console. when i get it dealt with the little extension cable will be left in permanently.

Am trying to find some stick on rubber mouldings hat can be cut to size, but only seem to be thin ones available, 2-3mm.

MG ZS 2017 - 9 Month update, some longterm doubts? - carl233

Very poor strategic management from MG in my opinion, look at Kia and where they are today. They undersold vehicles years past to get ahead and worked very hard to build up a reputation of loyality and brand and also caring customer service. MG seem to have a good 'headline' price but the product seems to have questions that are coming to light concerning the quality and durability. The rust issues also seem to be appearing on some vehicles whilst the maker looks the other way and could not care less. It is interesting that they do not offer 12 year anti perforation warranty terms like most other makers. I do not see a good future for MG unless they up their game and change strategy.