What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Focus Estate - 2014 focus instrument cluster fault - li'l pete

Hi i have a 2014 1.6 diesel estate duratorque. I recently bought this as an ex police car but have recently had an issue where my cluster and stereo would stop working. I jave power everywhere else and the engine starts no problem. I have removed the cluster and checked the connection amd the same with the stereo and display screen. All fuses i could fjnd have also been checked and no such joy. I have read on a few forums with older gens that there was a manufacturer issue with the clusters and need replacing but cannot find anything on the mk3. Can anypne help at all?

Ford Focus Estate - 2014 focus instrument cluster fault - elekie&a/c doctor
Instrument clusters were certainly problematic on cars from 2005-10 . Not seen any issues on later models. However the fact the car is ex police would indicate that it would have had loads of extra electrical kit added and now removed. It is very likely to be a poor connection somewhere in the wiring harness. I would start by looking at the fuse box area, by passenger footwell. I would also remove the glove box and check all multi pin connections in this area. Possibly not a power issue,more likely to be a communication fault on the can network.