What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
2007 Honda Civic 2.2 CTDI - radio reception intermittent, any DPF? DAB maybe? - carnut1980

My radio reception is generally ok, but there are times when it is very sketchy, although if i drive forward a few feet, it comes back, even though i'm not under a tunnel or near a tall building.

Where is the aerial on these cars? Some say its built into rear screen, others say its a stand alone unit, though i can't see one!

Also, do these have a DPF? The owners manual suggests they do, but its very generic. From what i understand, they do not, until the 2011 model, any ideas?

Also is a DAB setup hard as a DIY job?

Cheers

Edited by carnut1980 on 07/06/2018 at 22:24

2007 Honda Civic 2.2 CTDI - radio reception intermittent, any DPF? DAB maybe? - TheGentlemanThug
I can't comment on the radio but I can tell you that there's no DPF on that engine.
2007 Honda Civic 2.2 CTDI - radio reception intermittent, any DPF? DAB maybe? - elekie&a/c doctor

The radio aerial is built into the rear screen.If you lock carefully,there are some vertical lines "printed "on the glass,alongside the horizontal hrw bars. Take a look and check for any hairline cracks.Does the Hrw work on all bars? Fitting any sort of after market radio system is a real pain on these,as access to the radio is very difficult without a major strip out. Also,it is not possible to change the radio to something else,as the radio incorporates part of the climate control electronics.

2007 Honda Civic 2.2 CTDI - radio reception intermittent, any DPF? DAB maybe? - focussed

The most likely cause is that the screen on the antenna cable is not earthed or not earthing properly at the antenna end.

From Civinfo www.civinfo.com/forum/ipods-mp3-players-ice/409842...l

"Since the aerial of my radio has been fixed, reception has been fine! The root cause, (which the local dealers took 4 attempts to find) was a poor earth from the sheath around the cable.

As the aerial is integrated into the rear window, the cable comes in sections, not a single wire from the aerial to the radio, and all the individual sections are earthed (apparently, according to Honda). If any one of these sections is not earthed correctly, then interference will effect the signal...

There was also a software update for poor reception on MW in 2007.

2007 Honda Civic 2.2 CTDI - radio reception intermittent, any DPF? DAB maybe? - carnut1980

Thanks man, i will check that out.

If a poor earth is to blame, where is the actual join where the HRW should be earthed, and is it easy to get at to inspect?

2007 Honda Civic 2.2 CTDI - radio reception intermittent, any DPF? DAB maybe? - SLO76
No DPF on the 2.2 CTDi, the later redesigned 2.2 DTEC has it however. Easy to spot from the badge on the tail.
2007 Honda Civic 2.2 CTDI - radio reception intermittent, any DPF? DAB maybe? - elekie&a/c doctor

Very likely to have something like this in the tailgate. Check connections first www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-CIVIC-MK8-FN-FK-RADIO-AER...n

OK thanks. I take it thats within the inner trim on tailgate lid?

Thing is would that explain the intermittent issue of poor radio reception?

Ironically its the local radio stations that seem to play up most!