What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford powershift junk auto fine - daveyK_UK

The fine was light but the reputational damage is considerable

performancedrive.com.au/ford-australia-slammed-wit.../

I quote

“Despite knowing that shuddering was a symptom of the quality issues with the vehicles, Ford frequently told customers that shuddering was the result of the customer’s driving style. Ford knew that the symptoms of the quality issues with the vehicles were experienced intermittently, but required customers to demonstrate them on demand in the presence of a dealer in order for repairs to be undertaken.”

What a coincidence, this is exactly what many UK Ford owners have suffered from regarding failures with the ecoboost engines, power shift auto boxes, etc

Ford powershift junk auto fine - fredthefifth

Yes, requiring a demonstration of a known intermittent fault is disgraceful.

Ford powershift junk auto fine - daveyK_UK
I’m not sure who is more to blame, Ford, the EU or European consumers for not demanding better protection and rights?

We should have the same situation here, but that doesn’t seem likely
Ford powershift junk auto fine - KJP 123

In Aus it is generally called Powers*** and their consumer laws seem weak.

Ford powershift junk auto fine - expat

In Aus it is generally called Powers*** and their consumer laws seem weak.

There is a class action law suit under way and that is likely to hit Ford very hard. Their sales of Fiestas and Focus have vanished and that is partly because of the bad publicity over their dud transmissions. It would have been far cheaper for them to have treated their customers generously and fixed the cars properly. Customers will remember Ford for this for a long time.

Ford powershift junk auto fine - gordonbennet

Customers will remember Ford for this for a long time.

Dare say other makers are reaping and yet will for the lack of customer care they have sown, mainly re private purchases and especially where buyers are in for the long haul.

Its probably the various forms of temporary custody of the car where it will be handed back or sold on (as in fleets) before the maker's warranty exprires that's keeping sales up for certain makers.

Might be interesting times coming for manufacturers who cared less about their customers as and when the downturn starts to hit.

I mention downturn because again yesterday, Saturday, i travelled some 350 miles for work and lorries were again rare indeed, but millions of cars taking part in the weekly shopping experience ritual where expected.

Ford powershift junk auto fine - madf

I mention downturn because again yesterday, Saturday, i travelled some 350 miles for work and lorries were again rare indeed, but millions of cars taking part in the weekly shopping experience ritual where expected.

UK economic growth Q1 minimal (not due to snow),US slowing down, Germany slowing down...last recession started 2008 - 10 years since then means one is overdue..See distress on UK retailing front (Asda/Sainsbury tie up etc).. Going to be painful.. I expect to see a rash of PCP finance companies go when it happens.

Ford powershift junk auto fine - SteveLee

There is a class action law suit under way and that is likely to hit Ford very hard. Their sales of Fiestas and Focus have vanished and that is partly because of the bad publicity over their dud transmissions. It would have been far cheaper for them to have treated their customers generously and fixed the cars properly. Customers will remember Ford for this for a long time.

I think this issue may be enough to tip Ford over the edge into administration. Which makes me even more angry about VAG who have had far more problems and treated their customers even worse - but seem no worse off for it, as zee Germans can do no wrong in the eyes of the press.