What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda Jazz Automatic - Roundglobetrotter

My wife and I have had a manual Jazz since 2003 and hve been delighted with it.

We are considering replasing it (not least because she needs seat height adjustment which it does not have) with an automatic Jazz....perhaps new but more likely second hand.

I am under the imoression that some versions of the auto gearbox are (I exaggerate) rubbish whilst others are excellent.

Please can anyone tell us which years model are the ones to avoid bearing in mind that the local dealer in unlikely to have models much older than five years.

My thanks in anticipation of your help.

Honda Jazz Automatic - SLO76
The one to avoid is the i-shift automated manual box. It's known for problems and is jerky in operation unless you relax your foot on the throttle between changes which most Jazz drivers weren't able to do thus the general dislike of the transmission by owners and the reintroduction of the CVT box from early 2011.

This is a much improved version of the same used on the first gen cars but it must have a fluid change every 25k or 2yrs to remain healthy. Walk away from any car without proof this has been done. Buy only with a full main dealer service history and again verify the gearbox oil changes have been done, some owners think they're being taken for a ride by dealers suggesting a box oil change at 2yrs but it is totally correct and necessary.

The Jazz is generally very robust and reliable but some parts prices can be excessive (£750 to replace driver seat mechanism in my mothers 2009 1.2 S) and the handling and ride are poor compared to most rivals. If you're used to the Mk I then you'll probably be happy enough with it though.

If budget permits I'd upgrade to the new Mk III model which is vastly superior to drive with greater high speed stability and a much more comfortable ride but used CVT autos are still hard to find and dealer stock really starts around £12k.

Edited by SLO76 on 14/06/2017 at 14:45

Honda Jazz Automatic - Roundglobetrotter

Many thanks for that information. It is exactly the detail which I am looking for!

Honda Jazz Automatic - NARU

THere's a buying and maintenance guide in this month's Car Mechanics magazine

Honda Jazz Automatic - skidpan

Dad had a 2003 Jazz, totally reliable but in truth not a nice car to drive or ride in. Too noisy, too hard, front seats sloped back to far.

When he bought it he fancied the auto which they described as a 7 speed at the time. He had owned 2 Honda auto's before, first was a 3 speed "Hondamatic" which was really a 3 apeed manual with a torque converter since you had to select gear manually. Cracking gearbox, none of this unnessary gear changing you get with most autos. Replaced it with a 3 speed "full" auto which Honda said had a top gear torque converter lock up. What a joke box, could never decide which gear it needed and never locked up in top. After that he went back to manuals.

Anyway, he tried the Jazzauto and it was horrid. All revs and no action, it was even noisier than the manual. The 7 speed bit was just a con, a switch made it change at pre-set points instead of being the normal horrid CVT. When Honda brought out the new Jaxzz in about 2008 or 9 they invited him down to the showroom. Jazz had gone by then having been replaced by a far superior Nissan Micra but you cannot beat a free afternoon out. Auto in that was a "propper" one but they soon dropped it since they lost sales because for some reason owners preffered the truly horrid CVT.

No accounting for taste is there.

Honda Jazz Automatic - John Boy
Jazz had gone by then having been replaced by a far superior Nissan Micra but you cannot beat a free afternoon out. Auto in that was a "propper" one but they soon dropped it since they lost sales because for some reason owners preffered the truly horrid CVT.

No accounting for taste is there.

There certainly isn't, but I would have that, in this case, buyers went for a Micra with a CVT box because it gave better fuel economy than the "proper" one.

There certainly isn't, but I would have that, in this case, buyers went for a Micra with a CVT box because it gave better fuel economy than the "proper" one.

Dads Micra was a manual like his Jazz.

A proper auto in a big engined car is fine but a CVT is a city car simply turns a 1/2 decent car into joke.

It's true that a CVT doesn't suit the spirited driver in general but driven gently as most owners of self shifting superminis do and they're fine. Better on fuel than the traditional torque converter box and as it's effectively (but noisily) in the right gear all the time it's faster too.

We used to stock a selection of used autos as the margins were higher with fewer dealers bidding on them and mostly older well to do buyers looking for them. The Ford and Fiat CVT's from the 90's were awful but the Rover Metro 1.4 K series CVT's were a hoot to drive, shame there was no rust protection.

THere's a buying and maintenance guide in this month's Car Mechanics magazine

Brilliant mag, I buy it every month.

buyers went for a Micra with a CVT box because it gave better fuel economy than the "proper" one.

Just realised something. The K12 Micra like Dad had (2002 - 2010 model) had a proper 4 speed torque converter auto. I believe the K13 (the one just superceeded) had a CVT as does its brother the Note. The box is hated with real passion on the forums.

buyers went for a Micra with a CVT box because it gave better fuel economy than the "proper" one.

Just realised something. The K12 Micra like Dad had (2002 - 2010 model) had a proper 4 speed torque converter auto. I believe the K13 (the one just superceeded) had a CVT as does its brother the Note. The box is hated with real passion on the forums.

Yup, the earlier K11 Micra also had a CVT box and it wasn't a good one. We stopped buying them in because they were so troublesome. Shame because otherwise these were the best wee cars of their time.

Edited by SLO76 on 15/06/2017 at 18:35

Honda Jazz Automatic - 72 dudes

Worst CVT I ever had (actually my wife's) was a Rover 216 SLi, an absolute dog. This was a 1997 car which replaced a 1991 Rover 216 GSi, the previous shape model like a Honda Concerto, a much better car in every way - also had a proper 4 speed TC box.

I have to say the CVT in my current Mercedes A180 CDi is excellent, it suits the torque characteristics of the engine very well, with rarely any need to rev past 2200 RPM unless a burst of acceleration is required, Can also 'select' the 7 speeds manually.

"Worst CVT I ever had (actually my wife's) was a Rover 216 SLi, an absolute dog. This was a 1997 car which replaced a 1991 Rover 216 GSi, the previous shape model like a Honda Concerto, a much better car in every way - also had a proper 4 speed TC box."

The R8 Rover was an excellent car, way ahead of its rivals when it came along in late 89. I flogged loads of em and had a waiting list for anything with the Honda 1600, in single or twin cam form and the PSA 1800 turbo diesel.

Rover really made great use of the design with 3 and 5dr hatch, 4dr saloon, estate, 2dr coupe and a convertible plus everything from 75bhp 1.4 shopping kart to 200bhp turbocharged stormer all from the same basic architecture.

Shame they never managed the same with its successor and allowed themselves to get too greedy. I remember going to the launch in 96 and a 416 Auto was £17k!!!! It was a decent enough car but the BMW takeover killed further development and the Honda link.

Edited by SLO76 on 15/06/2017 at 20:02

Honda Jazz Automatic - Big John

Can I correct something re the Nissan Note. Until the model change as late as 63 reg the 1.6 Petrol note had a fantastic traditional torque converter auto with overdrive.

A friend has had three of them, they have all driven really well, been very refined, suprisingly economical and have all had bullet proof oily bits

I don't rate the next model but until then it's a brilliant car.

Can I correct something re the Nissan Note. Until the model change as late as 63 reg the 1.6 Petrol note had a fantastic traditional torque converter auto with overdrive.

No arguement there, like the K12 Micra it was based on the original Note had a torque converter box. Whether it was fantastic is down to personal preferences, I do not like small autos..

I don't rate the next model but until then it's a brilliant car.

The current model Note (well its no longer current) is a brilliant car but we have only driven the manual. Considering the auto is a CVT I have no wish to drive one ever.

Honda Jazz Automatic - badbusdriver

My wife and I have had a manual Jazz since 2003 and hve been delighted with it.

We are considering replasing it (not least because she needs seat height adjustment which it does not have) with an automatic Jazz....perhaps new but more likely second hand.

I am under the imoression that some versions of the auto gearbox are (I exaggerate) rubbish whilst others are excellent.

Please can anyone tell us which years model are the ones to avoid bearing in mind that the local dealer in unlikely to have models much older than five years.

My thanks in anticipation of your help.

My wife took delivery of our new Honda Jazz ex auto just over a month ago and, so far, we are very happy with it!. A couple of points worth mentioning, our ex has height adjustment on both front seats if it's of interest. Not sure if that was the previous model. Also, you may be a little wary of the cvt after reading skidpan's comments (who seems to have some real animosity towards them with, as far as I can tell, no real reason why), I can assure you that it is a lovely car to drive. It may need a lot of revs to overtake, but as it is a high revving nat asp petrol engine, that is only to be expected, and not specific to it having a cvt gearbox. I can however, also confirm that if you really put your foot down, it's plenty fast enough!. The gearbox has 7 'steps' and has paddles behind the steering wheel so you can change gear manually if you want. These are extremely responsive, much, much more so than the manual change facility in our previous car, a hyundai i30 turbo diesel with a torque converter auto.

Honda Jazz Automatic - madf

I have a 21012 CVT Jazz. Owned since October 2012 (S/h).

Great for town driving: smooth changes, optional reversing sensors, great turning circle.

Not so good for long journeys but you adapt your driving system ..

Ideal car for town driving.. takes an awful lot of bulky stuff with magic seats..

100% reliable.

If I was 20 years younger and drove now as I did then, I would hate it. The later model addresses many of the issues mine has.. But I am satisfied as I only do 6k miles a year bening an Odd Antiquated Person

Edited by madf on 16/06/2017 at 22:41

Also, you may be a little wary of the cvt after reading skidpan's comments (who seems to have some real animosity towards them with, as far as I can tell, no real reason why),

The problem with auto's in small cars is simple, they totally spoil them. Small cars with small engines don't have a huge amount of performance but if you give them some revs and right pedal most go well enough. But saddle them with a torque converter or a CVT and all you get when you press the right pedal is an instant rise in revs and very little extra perforance. This does not enhance them in any way. I have driven 3 VAG cars fitted with the DSG and in truth its little better despite all the fans it has.

Take dads 80's Honda with the speed speed torque converter auto. It had about 75 bhp, weighed sod all (like all 80's cars) yet the performance was absolutely abysmal. Same car with a manual was very entertaining (if you could cope with the rubbish ride).

The Micras that we and dad had (all manuals) were really good for small cars, in truth way better than they had a right to be. Plenty of performance but when you consider they only had about 78 bhp and weighed far more than an 80's Honda just try and imagine what the performance must have been like when they were saddled with a torque converter auto.

The Honda Jazz dad drove with the CVT was possibly the worst combination of car and gearbox I have experienced. The manual was a decent enough car (ride, noise and seats were poor) but an auto, no thanks.

If for medical reasons you need an auto I suppose there is no option but to drive one but for the rest of us the cheaper, quicker, far more pleasant manual is the only small car to buy.

Honda Jazz Automatic - Vitesse6

What complete t***!

We are onto our third Jazz CVT and have never encountered the situation you describe. Yes when you press the accelerator the revs rise rapidly but then the car starts to accelerate just like any other. Once you are up to speed the revs drop again. I can happily cruise at 70 with the engine doing about 2000 rpm

I suppose they could be classed as marmite cars, you either love them or hate them. But if you hate them there is no reason to pour scorn upon them or suggest that the only reason to buy one is because you are medically incapable of driving anything else.

What complete t***!

We are onto our third Jazz CVT and have never encountered the situation you describe. Yes when you press the accelerator the revs rise rapidly but then the car starts to accelerate just like any other. Once you are up to speed the revs drop again. I can happily cruise at 70 with the engine doing about 2000 rpm

I suppose they could be classed as marmite cars, you either love them or hate them. But if you hate them there is no reason to pour scorn upon them or suggest that the only reason to buy one is because you are medically incapable of driving anything else.

I couldn't agree more Vitesse!. We have not had our jazz for very long, but so far, I haven't found anything I don't like about it. And to be honest, I'm a bit baffled of this notion that the cvt jazz is sluggish. Where I live in Aberdeenshire, there are no motorways and few dual carriageways, so overtaking ability is important if you want to get on. Given what I had read about cars with cvt gearboxes, I was a little nervous when I pulled out to overtake a logging truck pulling a trailer the other night on a relatively short straight. But i was most impressed, OK I had to put my foot right down, but I passed the truck easily and quickly.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and I respect that. But skidpan seems to think his opinion and fact are one and the same thing, when in this case, they are poles apart. But even if what he said was fact, putting down or belittling others who have a different opinion is nothing short of ignorance.

Honda Jazz Automatic - Manatee

I have certainly driven small automatics that were very dreary indeed but the DSG can't be compared with a TC or CVT in this respect.

Our Popemobile (Roomster) 1.2TSI 105 with 7 speed DSG is a very nice car to drive, and lively too. Longevity of the engine and gearbox of course is another question.

Honda Jazz Automatic - bazza

My only experience of small autos is a Corsa Easytronic, which was actually OK but possibly the slowest car I've ever driven. In manual mode, it was a bit quicker but nowhere near as responsive as a manual. The lag time from pressing the accelerator to forward motion was several seconds. A Mini CVT I drove was hopeless. However, the larger cars with autos have all been smooth and relaxing, including a Prius, which was excellent and various big SUVs etc, where an auto box seems to suit the character of the car. DSGs I've been in all seem quick and smooth. I prefer a manual myself but could be tempted by a decent hybrid auto. I tend to agree with SP that small cars with small engines are generally more fun to drive with a manual box, but if one is not in a hurry and drives a lot in town, I can see the attraction.

Honda Jazz Automatic - daveyK_UK
All,
Please take skidpans opinion with a pinch of salt.

It's widely recognised the current (no longer produced) Nissan Note is an awful beast , especially when compared to the old Note.
This is not only my opinion, honest johns opinion and my good friend a Nissan technicians opinion but also the opinion of 99% of the Nissan Note owners forum (check it out for yourself).
But because skidpan was daft enough to buy one brand new it's a 'brilliant car'.
It's a real shame the residual values don't agree with skidpan either.

As for the Jazz , it's the best small MPV on the market.
Ultra reliable, more space than anything else in its class, economical, etc

The only downside to a Jazz IMO is on a motorway, the steering is too sensitive.

It's worth adding the old shape Nissan Note was a good competitor and if you can find one of the last 1.6 petrol automatics on a 62/13 plate they are well worth considering

All, Please take skidpans opinion with a pinch of salt. It's widely recognised the current (no longer produced) Nissan Note is an awful beast , especially when compared to the old Note.This is not only my opinion, honest johns opinion and my good friend a Nissan technicians opinion but also the opinion of 99% of the Nissan Note owners forum (check it out for yourself).

OK, lets look at the facts

1) We actually own a Note and know how good it is. Has daveyK_UK actually ever driven one?

2) So Honest John says its auful does he. Here is the summing up at the end of the Road Test of the 1.2 DiG-S Acenta Premium, the exact model we have "The 1.2DIG-S is certainly more fun to drive than the old 1.4 and 1.6 petrol engines in the Note, more relaxing and a lot more fuel-efficient" Does that read liks its a dog. Here is a link to the full report, read it please.www.honestjohn.co.uk/road-tests/nissan/nissan-note.../

3) 99% of the posters on the Nissan Note Forum are idiots including the moderators. When we bought the Note I joined a couple of weeks later and posted that we really liked the car so far and I was banned for flame baiting. My post was adjudged to be annoying to unhappy owners. One other poster came to my defense and he was also banned. My best guess is all happy owners have their posts removed which makes the Note look bad.

But because skidpan was daft enough to buy one brand new it's a 'brilliant car'. It's a real shame the residual values don't agree with skidpan either.

We paid just over £11000 for our car brand new and not the stupid £16000 retail We lost more than £11000 in depreciation on the wifes last car (Kia Ceed) so are bothered, not one bit.

As for the Jazz , it's the best small MPV on the market. Ultra reliable, more space than anything else in its class, economical, etc

My dad had a Jazz for 5 years. It never went wrong, it was spacious and economical. But it was noisy, hard riding and the front seats left a lot to be desired. He replaced it with a Micra, not as spacious but just as economical and far more comfortable and refined. Together we kept it almost 8 years and in that time the only part replaced (other than service items) was a front spring. The Note is more spacious than the Jazz and its ride and refinement are much better. Economy is about the same. We have only had it 2 years but no issues so far.

Wold we buy a Jazz now since the Note is no longer made, no way.

Here we go again

Yes, we had the previous shape Note 1.4 as a staff pool car that was excellent

My partner had the new Note 1.2 accenta premium with the dreadful 3 cylinder engine that was completely gutless and horrible to drive.
The current Note suffers from common problems and failures.

Again, you paint a very different picture to what happened on the Nissan owners forum to what I witnessed with your posts that were taken as aggressive.

As someone who has driven both the current Note and the mark 2 Jazz, the mark 2 Jazz had considerably more space in it than a Note - this fact once again is confirmed by the motoring press but of course skidpan must be right

As for honest johns opinion, you have chosen to take his road test of the super charged engine, an engine that picked up 12% of all sales (check the data for yourself) in the Note.

The current Note was a pig, and thankfully the buying public soon caught on and Nissan were forced to heavily discount them , send lots of them out to the hire car industry and eventually pull the product as it had few redeeming features

I would buy the original shape Note, not the current piece of Renault parts bin junk designed to make the manufacturing process as easy as possible.

Edited by daveyK_UK on 18/06/2017 at 09:22

My partner had the new Note 1.2 accenta premium with the dreadful 3 cylinder engine that was completely gutless and horrible to drive.

Ours is the DiG-S which is not gutless. We did not consider the non-supercharged version because we did not want slug. We have brains and know which may be OK in town but useless once out of town.

Again, you paint a very different picture to what happened on the Nissan owners forum to what I witnessed with your posts that were taken as aggressive.

Just been on the Note forum to copy the content of my posts but whilst the thread I started is still there all the posts I made have been deleted. I was not aggressive, I simply refused to be called an idiot for buying one by the owner of a Mk1 Note, nothing wrong with that but the mods are also idiots so the allowed the chap who made the original insult to stay on. Silverhairs was his name.

As someone who has driven both the current Note and the mark 2 Jazz, the mark 2 Jazz had considerably more space in it than a Note - this fact once again is confirmed by the motoring press but of course skidpan must be right

Interior space in the Mk2 Note is excellent and at 411 litres the boot is bigger than the 2016 Jazz which has 354 litres. That space is with the Notes sliding back seat all the way forward but even with it back to provide sensible legroom it will still beat the Jazz's boot. Add to that the simple fact that the Note will accept a full size spare with no los of boot space simply by removing the underfloor plastic bin that holds the glue kit etc. Don't think the Jazz will accept a full size spare without affecting boot space, that was certainly the case with dad's Jazz.

As for honest johns opinion, you have chosen to take his road test of the super charged engine,

Of couse I linked to that test, its exactly the car we bought.

The current Note was a pig, and thankfully the buying public soon caught on and Nissan were forced to heavily discount them

Certainly not a pig but way to expensive without a doubt (which is a fact not restricted to the Note), many cars are heavilly discounted.

Honda Jazz Automatic - Vitesse6

Interior space in the Mk2 Note is excellent and at 411 litres the boot is bigger than the 2016 Jazz which has 354 litres. That space is with the Notes sliding back seat all the way forward but even with it back to provide sensible legroom it will still beat the Jazz's boot. Add to that the simple fact that the Note will accept a full size spare with no los of boot space simply by removing the underfloor plastic bin that holds the glue kit etc. Don't think the Jazz will accept a full size spare without affecting boot space, that was certainly the case with dad's Jazz.

The MK2 Jazz will take a full size spare, no loss of boot space. Oh and the Mk 1 does as well.

Oh and the Mk 1 does as well.

Dads Mk 1 had a space saver and it filled the wheel wellto the carpet. Considering it only had 14" wheels will narrow tyres you do wonder why they bothered with a space saver.

Honda Jazz Automatic - madf

My dad had a Jazz for 5 years

Ah the joys of comparing a car since replaced many years ago by a later model with a 2014 Note.

Pigs and Apples.

Same logic as:

I would not buy a Ford as the Mark1 Fiesta was pants compared to a Kia Ceed..

No logic at all in comparing a mk1 fiesta to a Kia cee'd, as they are in different categories. Mk1 fiesta was a supermini so the equivalent Kia would be the rio. Though given how much supermini's have grown over the years (like every other class of car), a closer match would be the Kia picanto, which occupies the city car class, invented to fill the need for a properly small car since supermini's got so big!.

My dad had a Jazz for 5 years

Ah the joys of comparing a car since replaced many years ago by a later model with a 2014 Note.

Pigs and Apples

I am not directly comparing the 2 cars, I am simply stating what we likes and disliked about them. Fact is the Note is a far better car than the Jazz ever was. In truth the Micra that repleced the Jazz was better that the Jazz in many ways.

And for the record its a 2015 Note.

Despite it being a fact (well it must be, 'cos skidpan says so) that the note is a much better car, the note is no longer on sale whilst the jazz continues to thrive?

Hmm..........?

But of course you are right and everyone else are idiots!.

Honda Jazz Automatic - piggy

To paraphrase St Augustine , "Skidpan has spoken, the case is ended." Not!

OK - I did a bake off between the Jazz and the Note

A while ago I posted on HJ asking advice on a small car for my sister capable of carrying a double bass :- www.honestjohn.co.uk/user-article/115193/small-car...o

On cars circa 2011:-

Honda Jazz:-

The Honda Jazz "magic seats" were amazing allowing allsorts of combinations

The boot was bigger than the Note (withe Note seat fully back)

1.4 engine was a bit of a screamer on a motorway

Seats were comfortable

Nissan Note:-

Honda Jazz has reasonable passenger space but Note had more with rear seats fully back

Very refined on a motorway

Seat bases lifted up for additional storage but were not that comfortable to sit on

!.6 auto was very good - very refined (overdrive helped) and lockup worked well (although to be honest she wanted a manual anway)

Overall - not much in it but my sister went for the Hoda Jazz which has done the job required and has been faultless thus far

Edited by Big John on 19/06/2017 at 00:55

Honda Jazz Automatic - Avant

I suppose there has to be a first time for everything. I'd never have thought that anyone could get worked up about either a Honda Jazz or a Nissan Note.

Next bone of contention.....the 1939 Standard 8.

Peace, please.

Honda Jazz Automatic - johncyprus
Great cars the Honda Jazz CVT , wife's been driving them for years without any issues. So good that our daughter and daughter in law bought them too, all delighted with them.
Wonderful residuals and very cheap to run, our local dealer at Thames Ditton in Surrey charged £165 for the annual service including an MOT.
Good old skidpan he quotes the Nissan Note boot space with the rear seats slided all the way forward, a useful stat if you have stick men as passengers.

The current and now ended Nissan Note is a dog and the evidence is there for all to see.

Disgusting how Nissan never solved the suspension problem. The next time you get stuck behind a current shape Note, listen to the lovely crunching noise every time it goes near a bump in the road.
Something Nissan completely failed to address and now will not address.

Nissan Europe is Renault in all but name

DaveyK_UK

Just give up. We know you are a muppet, no need to keep proving it. I

The current and now ended Nissan Note is a dog and the evidence is there for all to see. Disgusting how Nissan never solved the suspension problem.

Is that just the new model - I found the model up to 2013 very refined and have never experienced any such noises?

With the rear seats fully back it's a little limo inside for four people albeit with a smaller boot (ahem)

Edited by Big John on 19/06/2017 at 23:24

The current and now ended Nissan Note is a dog and the evidence is there for all to see. Disgusting how Nissan never solved the suspension problem.

Is that just the new model - I found the model up to 2013 very refined and have never experienced any such noises?

With the rear seats fully back it's a little limo inside for four people albeit with a smaller boot (ahem)

Don't listen to them. The 2013 on Note is a fine car of its type. Great refinement, decent performance and economy providing you get the right engine (no point getting the standard 1.2 if you ever venture out of town - no point getting the diesel if you only do short runs - applies to all diesels). Ours has been totally reliable so far, had new upgraded front bushes under warranty a couple of months ago after the suspension started to creak. But its not the first car we have needed new bushes on under warranty so its not earth shattering news is it.

Don't know why but Nissans marketing people appear to be totally inept at pricing and raising awareness of their cars. We needed a car that had space for 4 adults with easy access to the rear, space for a wheelcair in the boot and still space for shopping. We looked at the Polo, Fabia, Fiesta, Swift but they were no better for our needs than the Micra we had. Didn't like the B-Max and the wife would not consider a Citroen or a Vauxhall so the C3 Picasso and Meriva were out. The Note fitted our requirements perfectly, we liked Nissans having had 5 trouble free ones previously, drove fine but the retail of the 1.2 DiG-S Acenta was over £15000 which was stupid money. But some research and negotiation got the price down to just over £11,000 which was simply brilliant. It got even better when they could not get us a plain Acenta and more negotiations got the Acenta Premium for another £150 instead of the £800 they asked for. Not all dealers are honest and even though we were not PXing the Micra the fact we already owned a Nissan got us another £500 off and 3 years free servicing simply by photocopying the V5C, all the other dealers denied all knowledge of the offer.

Nissan are doing it again with the new Micra. Was in the dealer yesterday having a service and walked past a new Micra in the showroom. 0.9 Tekna, ticket price £19200. You would need to be clinically insane to pay that for a small car.

I would suggest you try one and make up your own mind about it. But don't for heavens sake drive the standard 1.2 unless you are trading up from a 2CV.