What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Volkswagen Golf R - Insurance Claim - GAP in reverse ??? - Simon279

Does anybody know what the position will be be in the following situation.

I have recently had my Golf R stolen from the driveway. The car was privately leased with £2800 put down as an initial deposit. I have found out from the insurance company that the car has been valued by them at £26k, however I have also found out that the settlememt figure put forward by the lease company is £21k. On that basis there will be a £5k surplus upon the settlement.

Am I entitled to the £5k given that the insurance agreement is between me and the insurnace company only? As i understand it, if the car is stolen they are obliged to pay me the market value.

The finance company are not a party to the insurance policy taken out so as far as I am concerned, my obligatrion is to pay the finance company the settlement figure and it is the insurnace companys obligation to pay me the market value.

Is this correct or am I missing something ????

Thanks

S

Volkswagen Golf R - Insurance Claim - GAP in reverse ??? - RT

Does anybody know what the position will be be in the following situation.

I have recently had my Golf R stolen from the driveway. The car was privately leased with £2800 put down as an initial deposit. I have found out from the insurance company that the car has been valued by them at £26k, however I have also found out that the settlememt figure put forward by the lease company is £21k. On that basis there will be a £5k surplus upon the settlement.

Am I entitled to the £5k given that the insurance agreement is between me and the insurnace company only? As i understand it, if the car is stolen they are obliged to pay me the market value.

The finance company are not a party to the insurance policy taken out so as far as I am concerned, my obligatrion is to pay the finance company the settlement figure and it is the insurnace companys obligation to pay me the market value.

Is this correct or am I missing something ????

Thanks

S

What you're "missing" is the value of the payments you've already made on the lease.

Volkswagen Golf R - Insurance Claim - GAP in reverse ??? - Simon279
Yes, but I've already had the benefit of using the car for 15 months

Volkswagen Golf R - Insurance Claim - GAP in reverse ??? - daveyK_UK

strange situation, im not sure what your position is?