What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Focus Estate, 1.6tdci - Two week ownership, non specific faults - dunbodgin

Bought this 3 year old (March 2013) two weeks ago with 14,800 miles on, done 700 miles on holiday and car has developed a problem with lumpy idle and a thunking sound on clutch release also a tinkling noise which I would have described as pre ignition on a petrol car, am I in my rights to demand a refund or swap

Ford Focus Estate, 1.6tdci - Two week ownership, non specific faults - RobJP

You have to be able to identify a specific fault before you can even consider rejecting a car.

"A tinkling sound", for example, means nothing. If, for example the car had been sitting for a while, then it might just be the exhaust system settling back in, and the DPF doing passive regens.

The lumpy idle may well be the fuel system going through the crud in the tank. The car has had minimal use in 3 years, so it wouldn't surprise me.

Finally, the clutch sound, once again, may well just be the friction plates re-bedding.

So, in answer to your question, I think the answer is : No.

Ford Focus Estate, 1.6tdci - Two week ownership, non specific faults - Gibbo_Wirral

Bought this 3 year old (March 2013) two weeks ago with 14,800 miles on

Not sure about anyone else, but that is ringing alarm bells for me.