What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Mondeo - Head or heart!? Help choose the car! - leef
Backroomers!
Help as always much appreciated ...
I'm wanting to get rid of my Nissan Almere Tino on 90,000+ miles now 54 plate, want something a bit newer and some bells and whistles...

I've seen a mondeo 09 plate 2.3 titanium X with all the toys and only 25k on the clock from a ford dealer near brum. It's 8k asking price, checking what car I should aim for 6.7k. I'm not bothered about fuel consumption, I only get 31mpg from my current lump. Tax is £55 more, I can live with it. It's full leather, 18" alloys, heated seats etc etc I want it! Rang the dealer, he said it's only partial service history but mot'd with ford to verify the mileage. Should I worry?

I've also seen another 2.3 mondeo ghia 30k miles full service history, not leather not all the bells and whistles but b***** good spec £6500k in Leeds. Both cars on auto trader

Also plenty of 2.0 diesels at 50k mileage for under/around 7k

What to do! I've convinced the Mrs to let me change, which one. Help

Cheers
Lee
Ford Mondeo - Head or heart!? Help choose the car! - RT

It's just a Mondeo - don't be silly, go with your head !

Ford Mondeo - Head or heart!? Help choose the car! - leef
My head says diesel or 2.3 ghia
My heart wants the titanium X that's dearer and not full service history

Ps. Anyone got a 2.3 mondeo? Thoughts on it? Any advice appreciated.

Edited by leef on 04/02/2016 at 18:42

Ford Mondeo - Head or heart!? Help choose the car! - Graham567

Its well worth buying the Titanium X version.I have the 2.0 diesel and it has lots of toys on it to play with including voice control,adaptive cornering headlights,heated seats,heated windscreen,6 cd/mp3 sony cd player,bluetooth and power folding door mirrors.It returns 36 mpg round town and 52 mpg on the motorway.Its smooth ride(even on 18 inch wheels) and quiet,refined interior including cruise control makes long journeys a pleasure

Ford Mondeo - Head or heart!? Help choose the car! - dafskipman

If i were you, I'd definitely be looking to test drive a 2.2 or 2.0 litre diesel version, to compare with the petrol versions you mentioned. Most Mondeo's are excellent drive's, and with your budget you should be able to get a corker. I personally would aim for one with a full and checkable history though. Also, at that money you should get a good warranty thrown in. good luck.