Ford Focus - Buying - Glasgow26

Hi there.

These are my two choices:

New: Ford Focus 2016 (still to be registered) 1.0 Ecoboost 100ps S6 Petrol 5 speed: 15746.34 including 2 years servicing and 3 year breakdown cover - this is a discounted price taking advantage of 1570.00 deposit allowance from Ford. Car still to be delivered, currently being built in Belgium.

or

Pre-reg: Ford Focus 2015 (registered 30.9.15) 1.0 Ecoboost 125ps petrol 6 speed: 14302.00 including 2 years servicing and balance of manufacturer's warranty. Delivery miles.

Both cars would be 65 plate.

Which deal is the best one?

Ford Focus - Buying - slkfanboy

As a ford focus owner i can say i tend to buy second hand, lost in value is huge in the first few years.

Only question i would ask how come the second car has done 14K in 6 months? I would suspect it's been an ex hire car, i which case it been hammer to within an inch of it's life!

I tend to buy 3yrs old ex mobility cars that all have a full service history and owned and use by one private owner.

Ford Focus - Buying - Bianconeri

As a ford focus owner i can say i tend to buy second hand, lost in value is huge in the first few years.

Only question i would ask how come the second car has done 14K in 6 months? I would suspect it's been an ex hire car, i which case it been hammer to within an inch of it's life!

I tend to buy 3yrs old ex mobility cars that all have a full service history and owned and use by one private owner.

It's delivery miles, the 14,000 odd is the cost. I'd want a lot more off than that for the pre-reg, got 3k additional discount over and above what was available on a similar new car when last buying a pre-reg.
Ford Focus - Buying - slkfanboy

Well spotted 14k is the price, which for a 125ps seams to be around the going price for a car of a list price around 19k, maybe another 500 off. I would go for the 125bhp as thats reasonably nippy

Ford Focus - Buying - Avant

I'd go for the pre-reg car: 125 bhp and 6-speed gearbox are worth having, and the cost saving will compensate for the loss of value over time caused by your being recorded as the second owner.

You could offer £13,500 but not be too upset to meet at £14,000.

Ford Focus - Buying - balleballe

My Neighbour bought a similar car for 12k with plenty of bells and whistles (not sure on the trim level). I reckon there's room for negotiating