What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Mondeo MK3 2.0 TDCi - Occasional amber engine light/injector light?? - Ross32

I noticed only a few weeks ago, I been getting afew.... What i'd consider small issues? First time a month ago, I got the car go into limp mode for all of 5 seconds, After being in 3rd gear and dropping to 20mph on a 30mph road? And as quick as that light came up, It went off. 23rd of december, Had the Aux Heater/Glow Plug/ Injector amber light come on flashing, But not having me in limp mode, I had to go shopping for 20 minutes, Started the car back up...And it was fine again, And today, Again for around 5-7 seconds, the engine light came on, Into limp mode, And drops straight out.....Is my car going insane, Or is it just playing up? Any ideas would be good, As I'm off to my mechanic thursday as its booked in for its handbrake cable replacement...I was informed by another mechanic today to just turn on the electrics first, Let the lights clear, And the amber engine light stays on, Once the cars started, It's gone??

Thank you in advance

Ross

Edited by Ross32 on 29/12/2015 at 19:42

Ford Mondeo MK3 2.0 TDCi - Occasional amber engine light/injector light?? - elekie&a/c doctor

The amber engine/injector is a malfunction indicator light,(MIL),and that is what you have,a malfunction of the injection system.If the fault is ongoing,then no amount of ignition on/off/on will make it disappear.You will need some diagnostic help to try to identify the problem area.Always a good start to replace the fuel filter first, before throwing money at expensive components.

Ford Mondeo MK3 2.0 TDCi - Occasional amber engine light/injector light?? - Falkirk Bairn

Friend had similar symptoms in his diesel.

Filter change, Millers Diesel additive.

Cleared the problem and then flogged the car rather take than risk - he had been looking to change anyway (& it was a good excuse for SWMBO to swallow)