What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Nissan Micra K11 2001 - Off the road 4 months still not running - Turner1938

Hello My wifes car has been off the road and I'm getting a bit desparate HELP

In October it just stopped going up a hill and was recovered home Where my usual

Honda trained mobile mechanic established ignition spark ok fuel to injectors ok but

fuel did not seem to be getting past the injectors. Atfer more checking the ECU was sent

to EUC testing who after 14 working days reported no fault and sent it back.

I went to a new garage just started in a barn, close by, and the two young owners said they had both come from the local main Nissan agent. So towed the Micra there.

After a couple of weeks they too were stumped. I suggested a guaranteed Reman

replacement throttle body. They put this on today and it still will not run HELP Please.

This is a K11 - no distributer 2001-2

Chris

Nissan Micra K11 2001 - Off the road 4 months still not running - tony g
Hi
I'm not sure whether this is the same model micra ,but I took one in part exchange that would start ok ,but after a mile or so would loose all power and just limp home .

I wonder if your car has the same fault which was a stretched timing chain ,this threw the timing out preventing the car running properly .

It only became apparent as the engine warmed up and the chain stretched slightly .

Sadly if that's the fault ,the cost of replacing the chain would exceed the value of your car .
Nissan Micra K11 2001 - Off the road 4 months still not running - bathtub tom

>>Sadly if that's the fault ,the cost of replacing the chain would exceed the value of your car .

I've done one of them, where I replaced both chains, all sprockets, chain guide and tensioner. Once I'd got it apart I think I could've got away with just the tensioner.

They were renowned for rattling from cold with no ill effects.

Nissan Micra K11 2001 - Off the road 4 months still not running - skidpan

I always thought it was the early K12 Micra that had cam chain issues on the 1.2. The K11 was always highly regarded.

Nissan Micra K11 2001 - Off the road 4 months still not running - Engineer Andy

My first car was a K11 Micra, a 1 litre version from 1996. It (as did many others at the time) had problems starting on cold, damp weather due to faulty temperature sensors in the engine, which caused the engines to flood (quick short term fix was to remove the fuel pump fuse, crank the engine for about 5 seconds or so for the fuel to drain away, then replace the fuse and start as normal).

Even after the sensor was replaced (free of charge by Nissan, even though out of warranty), the car was never the best at starting in such conditions, and it was also very intollerant of short journeys (especially backing it out of the drive to swap positions with another car) which caused similar problems.

I wonder whether something related to these issues is the cause - I'm no expert, but I thought I'd post this information anyway in case it helped.

Edited by Engineer Andy on 17/01/2013 at 19:57