Ford C Max 1.8 Titanium TDCI Reg July 07 - Car not on dealer parts database - Pontylad

I've had my car just over 2 yrs and have on occasion had to have ford parts for it. I go to my local Ford Dealer with the reg no but they can't find this model on their database. So back I go with VIN number and they still can't find it as it appears to be a year change model. Some excuse. I'm baffled. Last week I needed an EGR Valve and they now need the part off the car taken in so that they can match it with another and once identified search their stock in the hope they strike gold. Perhaps my car doesn't exist with fords yet I have no problem taxing and insuring it. What's going on (or not)

Pontylad

Ford C Max 1.8 Titanium TDCI Reg July 07 - Car not on dealer parts database - jc2

What happens when you type Reg. and/or VIN into Ford ETIS website?The system is not perfect-my car uses a catalyst equipped exhaust system but with a resonator in place of the cat(cat was pnly fitted in certain markets).The Ford parts system only shows cat or a straight pipe in place of it.To get parts that fit,a cat system must be ordered-the resonator is the same dimensions as the cat.

Ford C Max 1.8 Titanium TDCI Reg July 07 - Car not on dealer parts database - RT

Might be better/quicker to contact Ford UK via the Contact Form on www.ford.co.uk and quote your VIN number and ask them to ensure that the full model details are on the database that dealers access.

Ford C Max 1.8 Titanium TDCI Reg July 07 - Car not on dealer parts database - jc2

ETIS is available immediately on the web and for what you want,it's free.Just type Ford Etis into your search engine and it's the second option on the top line.