What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Galaxy - Ford Galaxy 1.8 TDCi Zetec 2007 - BigNev

I have just bought a 2007 plate 1.8 TDCi Galaxy, it has a slight missfire on tickover, which I initially thought was a faulty injector or something similar. However, I have had a diagnostic check done on it at a ford dealership and it doesnt show a fault. When you pick the revs up into the normal operating range, the missfire is not noticable and the engine appears to run smoothly enough.

It is also a bit troublesome to start, taking more that one attempt and needing the revs to be put on as soon as it fires to stop it cutting out.

There is also no smoke (black or white) when the engine is reved.

Ford dealer is scratching his head, anyone out there got any ideas?

Ford Galaxy - Ford Galaxy 1.8 TDCi Zetec 2007 - elekie&a/c doctor

I would start by changing the fuel filter.If there is no improvement,then I would consider removing the injectors to get them flow tested.hth

Ford Galaxy - Ford Galaxy 1.8 TDCi Zetec 2007 - BigNev
Done and done. Ruled out fuel problems altogether. Any other ideas?
Ford Galaxy - Ford Galaxy 1.8 TDCi Zetec 2007 - BenG

Dodgy glow plugs, if this problem occurs on cold starting only and has become more of an issue in the recent colder weather?

Failing cam sensors are also a know issue on this engine. They're mounted on the cam cover and are a 5-minute job to replace.

Ford Galaxy - Ford Galaxy 1.8 TDCi Zetec 2007 - elekie&a/c doctor

I have seen some Connect vans that show similar starting issues,and has been caused by the incorrect engine oil being used.Just a thought.hth