What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
How tiring! - Mikey Jay
Personally I'm tiring of reading posts about tyres.So please excuse this one! My aging Honda Prelude was fitted with Centaur Supreme by Kwik Fit which turned out to be a mistake. They came out very badly in the giant test.They do last mind you - 25K miles. I am fitting 2 new Vredestein tyres at the front.(Theyre a good price and perform well). The rear Centaur Supreme have 5 mm tread left. Wouldn't it be better to fit new ones at the back as well? I am concerned that having much better tyres at the front will unbalance the vehicle. Incidentally,the only advantage of fitting the not so supreme tyres is that their rolling resistance is low, they're reliable and you can get free wheel balancing- otherwise in other respects they are pretty dreadful! Ok for shopping trips. Their ability to disperse water at motorway speeds is poor, and steering, handling, traction,also poor. Ok in the dry. The fronts have worn more on the insides.I don't think this is a tracking problem is it? Any suggestions. Cheers,Mike
How tiring! - andymc {P}
Hi Mikey, I suggest you read my thread called "New tyres - front or rear?" which I started on 26 or 27 December. It was a bit of an eye-opener for me, and will probably be for you too. It may even save your life!