What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Mondeo Ghia x 2001 2.0 Petrol Manual - What engines will fit? - Robert Thomson

Hello,

I am needing a replacement engine for my car: Ford Mondeo Ghia x 2001 2.0 Petrol Manual, REG: Y909 MDT.

I was wondering if anyone knows what engines will fit this car?

I had found a 2.5 V6 that came out of a 2000 reg Mondeo Ghia x and the seller says it will fit. I just wanted to check if anyone knows if it will fit?

Thanks

Ford Mondeo Ghia x 2001 2.0 Petrol Manual - What engines will fit? - Peter D

I would check with your insurance company first as they may hike your premium a lot for a modified car. Regards Peter

Ford Mondeo Ghia x 2001 2.0 Petrol Manual - What engines will fit? - madf

Unless you are an expert in car ECUs and wirng, you will have to fit an EXACT match.

And by that I mean the same design/and injection system etc..

You cna fit any engine you like with a rewire, new ECU , new tyres/gearbox etc... But I suspect you don't seriously mean that..

As for a 2.5 V6, ! New suspension, radiator etc. etc etc...

And an enginerr's inspection .

If you want a v6 , buy one. a complete car.

Ford Mondeo Ghia x 2001 2.0 Petrol Manual - What engines will fit? - jc2

And don't forget the exhaust! Totally different-more catalysts and two pipes.

Ford Mondeo Ghia x 2001 2.0 Petrol Manual - What engines will fit? - Robert Thomson

Hello,

I have been told by Ford that it should fit the car with no problems.

Thanks

Ford Mondeo Ghia x 2001 2.0 Petrol Manual - What engines will fit? - gordonbrown

Get them to fit it then! Yes, it may physically fit into the engine bay but thats all.

Absolute garbage, it will not work without lots of additional parts and expense. The exhaust, intake, engine management, cooling system, mounting of ancilliaries - alternator, A/C will all be different. Not to mention all the wiring changes that will be needed.

Its possible, as is anything if you throw enough money at it. Economically viable on a 10 year old Ford? No way!

Ford Mondeo Ghia x 2001 2.0 Petrol Manual - What engines will fit? - Collos25

I find it hard to believe that a Ford main agent or Ford motor company have said it is straight forward swop over ,the information given above is spot on they are comepletely different in every way.There are loads of 1800 and 2000 petrol engines kicking about or why not rebuild your own engine.

Ford Mondeo Ghia x 2001 2.0 Petrol Manual - What engines will fit? - madf

Hello,

I have been told by Ford that it should fit the car with no problems.

Thanks

I take it you have been speaking to a Ford main dealer and not the Ford Motor Company.

And the Service Manager told you or the receptionist or a mechanic?

Please lets know as we would love to know which position and location so we can avoid them like the plague as they are obviously incompetents..

(I was going to use a stronger word BUT the swear filter)

Edited by madf on 27/08/2010 at 17:30