What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
06 2.0 Engine systems fault - bladerunner27
My wife has a 56 plate Focus 2.0L turbo diesel which developed a weird fault at the weekend. Parked on the drive and locked up the wipers, headlights and indicators all came on together. The headlights were actually flashing on and off. Unlocking the car and using the key and fiddling with switches did nothing to stop it and since it was 11 pm and dark the only way I could stop it was to drop the fuseboard in the passenger footwell and pull the main plug out. The next morning I reconnected the plug. The wipers/lights/indicators were OK but now I had no starter with the message 'engine systems fault' on the display. The car was towed to the main Ford Dealer who subsequently declard that water had been found in the fuse box and that would be £540 to replace. I had checked for water before taking it in and everything was bone dry. I towed the car away and am now left pondering the problem. Any ideas gratefully received.
06 2.0 Engine systems fault - Ben10
Pollen filter for AC housed very close to fuse board. Maybe moisture originated from here if the pollen filter hasn't been changed recently.