1.8tdci engine/DMF problems - neil147
Hi everyone

I am experiencing major problems with my focus diesel. Car cuts out at various speeds whilst driving along after which the glow plug light flashes, which i understand acts as an engine management warning lamp. This has been happening on and off for the past 4 months. Now it simply won't start. As soon as i turn the key the glow plug light flashes, car turns over but won't start.
In the past 4 months i have had a dual mass flywheel and clutch replaced(£900), battery, and glow plugs also been done. Had a diagnostic check done by ford and another done by an independent garage. The ford results printed off half a tree of paperwork suggesting about 10 possible causes so basically i need to win the lottery to be able to afford to get ford to work through the list!!! The independent results suggested an injector problem. They did a leak test on the injectors and found no problem. They changed the fuel filter and that cured the problem for about a week and now i'm back to square one.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Pugugly on 01/11/2009 at 14:48

1.8tdci engine/DMF problems - gmcd
i was having same problem it was the cam sensor.

Edited by Pugugly on 01/11/2009 at 15:05

i was having same problem it was the cam sensor.
ok, thanks. I will have that investigated. How much did it cost? Did you have it done independantly or through a ford garage?
1.8tdci engine/DMF problems - bell boy
They did a leak test on the injectors and found no problem. They changed the fuel filter and that cured the problem for about a week and now i'm back to square one.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>you need to read this slowly,why would the pump be fine for a week after the filter change and now not be again
either your pump is jiggered and or your tank is infested with something nasty or both
personally i would get the car recovered to the garage that changed the filter as they seem competent and get their opinion
sit down when they tell you the price of a pump mind
good news is they can probably code one to your car secondhand rather than another journey to the dealers
Well after much deliberation the diagnosis was that the camshaft position sensor needed replacing. That's been done now so we'll see whether the car can actually run a few thousand miles without something going wrong with it. I have my doubts!!!
1.8tdci engine/DMF problems - briansails
Well after much deliberation the diagnosis was that the camshaft position sensor needed replacing. That's been done now so we'll see whether the car can actually run a few thousand miles without something going wrong with it. I have my doubts!!!

hi ya doin

how did this work out in the end, im having a similar problem with a vag diesel 2.5 axd engine in a 05 reg transporter. cheers for any info...