2001 1.4 s replace fan belt - spanner45
hello I cant find any information on the internet about how to replace and adjust the fan belt on my seat ibiza. I am hoping someone on this forum knows the correct procedure to change the fanbelt.

thanks spanner 45

ps. it has power steering and air conditioning if that helps with explanations
2001 1.4 s replace fan belt - Javalin
buy a haynes manual - it will detail what is where and how to change the belt. Various methods depending on the car
2001 1.4 s replace fan belt - Armitage Shanks {p}
Does this car even have a fan belt? They mostly went out before 2001. If you are talking about the accessory drive belt and what Javalin says is a very good start. First of all work out what it is that you thinking of changing! Fan belts used to drive a mechanical fan and the alternator, usually.
as said - I think "fan belt" is a bit dated now with electric coolant fans ever since I remember....

You either seem to get a multi-function belt which drives many things, or seperate belts for Alternator, power steering, air-con, coolant pump etc - or a combination of.

Then just to confuse some of those will/might be driven my the cam-belt - coolant pump on some cars....

Buy a Haynes book. The belts will cost you < £25 most likely

J

Edited by Javalin on 19/11/2008 at 15:44

2001 1.4 s replace fan belt - spanner45
Thanks for that reply but Haynes do not print a manual for this model I am aware they are called drive belts or serpentine belt or multi function belts I just thought it was known as a fan belt so thats why i put it in hope everybody would understand

Thanks. spanner45
try

www.bentleypublishers.com/

(edit -> ignore as they don't do Seat)

Edited by Javalin on 20/11/2008 at 16:06

ah,

try

www.electronicmanuals.co.uk/seat-ibiza-workshop-ma...l

James