What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Fiesta headlight bulb - Dodge49
My father-in-law is on his way to my house as i write this expecting me to fix this problem. He has just replaced a blown headlight bulb with a new one but instead of lighting it is making a buzzing noise. Ive no idea where the buzzing noise is coming from because I've not seen it yet and I am thinking this may have been the reason the original lamp did not work. Any suggestions before he arrives would be appreciated.

Thanks
Ford Fiesta headlight bulb - yorkiebar
More info on the year of car would help.

has it got a towbar fitted?

Sounds like a poor earth fault, but on what circuit is it causing the buzz is the question.
Ford Fiesta headlight bulb - elekie&a/c doctor
Sounds like the electric motor for the headlamp height adjustment has been disturbed.
Ford Fiesta headlight bulb - installer
Bee trapped inside headlight?
Ford Fiesta headlight bulb - Dodge49
Sorry 1999 1.3 Fiesta.
I've fixed it, there were a couple of problems.
Both the high beam and the main beam were not working on one side.
I got the high beam working by cleaning all the connections with some WD40 then reconnecting every thing. A new bulb for the headlight fixed that. He could have done this himself but the car accessory shop gave him the wrong bulb then he must have dislodged (as mentioned) something getting at the bulbs which are awkward to get at behind the air filter housing.
Thanks for your replys
Happy father-in-law means happy wife