What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford KA kangaroo sound - philshears
Hi First post
Just got a Ford KA 2005 5000 miles on clock.
Had this problem 4 times now seems like the engine is revving up and down continuously at the lights,Without any feet on the pedals
Engine stalled and when re started did not occur, but it has since happened 4 times now.
Took it to Ford garage and they had it for a few hours and said it was an undiagnosed fault !!!??
has any body experienced this or got an idea ?
Ford KA kangaroo sound - markengland
Contaminated fuel?
We got the car last Friday from Ford at Dunmow, they filled it up then, i think the problem with fuel was over by then
Ford KA kangaroo sound - DP
Could be the idle control valve. I know this is a common problem on Fiestas which are mechanically similar.

Cheers
DP
thanks for that, i hope i have described the problem correctly when i refer to it as kangarooing
Ford KA kangaroo sound - Cliff Pope
So what sound do kangaroos make?
ha ha, i meant the engine revving up and down, but the car is not kangarooing eg jumping
Ford KA kangaroo sound - Rattle
Idle control valve, my gfs Ka does exactly the same thing. Also check the throttle assembly and make sure it secure, it fell off on my GFs causing it to act like the throttle is down, this is not what you have but they do need checking on Kas.

Also are you sure its running on 3 cylinderS? The Kent based engine seem get oil on the plugs very easily causing weak firing which cause the engien to run rough.
thanks rattle, im taking notes and im going back to Gates tonight, im surprised that they did not know about this problem i thought they had computers to diagnose these things. Still it sounds like an easy problem to rectify ???
Ford KA kangaroo sound - DP
I had weeks of fun with my old 306 when the idle valve was sticking. In most cases it's an actual mechanical fault with the valve physically sticking, and the electrical bits are actually OK. In this case, it doesn't log a fault code (and hence doesn't show up on the diagnostic rigs). This renders many dealer service departments clueless.

It took eleven visits to the dealer to get mine sorted out before I finally found a technician worthy of the title who diagnosed and fixed it within an hour. I had got to the point where I refused to drive the car any more after a spell in rush hour traffic on the M42 with the car revving itself between 3,000 and 4,000 RPM, to the disgusted look of other motorists in the queue.

Cheers
DP