Lexus GS 300 - Nsar
Morning,
This car might be a possible replacement for the hated A6. Like a good boy I've read the CbyC, the comments on the owners club site and the thread from Dec 03 on this, just wondering if anyone has any recent experience. I'd be looking to spend max £12k which puts me in Y/51 plate territory before haggling.
Lexus GS 300 - nutty_nissan
This car has a COARSE ride. It's still smooth over the bumps, but you feel the road surface more than in other comparable models (Merc E class, BMW 5 series). Engine and gearbox are ultra smooth. If you can find a GS430 model, you will be over the moon, as they depreciate harder, but offer more vroom.
Lexus GS 300 - Dipstick
Look for an SE on standard 17" wheels (like mine!) if you want a smoother ride, a Sport if you want a coarser one but with (allegedly) better handling. Be aware of the issues over "Sport", "facelift Sport" and "true Lexus Sport", which I won't summarise here.

Lovely car, and if you can afford it, yes, consider a 430 because they are not that much less economical but are that much more oomphy, although the 300 cerrtainly is no slouch.

Try to get Lexus satnav. Best system around (imho) and worth about £1-1.5k more on resale at present. And no, you absolutely cannot retrofit it.

Other than that, no options to consider because they all come with everything full stop (ignoring the rare S model which doesn't quite!).

Lexus GS 300 - Happy Blue!
I almost bought one about three years ago. There were just two reasons why I did not: -

1) the specifica I was looking at was an S and not an SE, so did not have heated, leather seats and a few other bits and bobs, although on higher profile tyres so rode pretty well.

2) I am only 5'7" and felt as though I was sitting in a bathtub. However, a mate who is even shorter loves his to bits.

Lovely car to drive and own. If you like it go for it.
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
Lexus GS 300 - peterb
Try also the Lexus owners club website.

They are an extremely friendly and helpful bunch, although many are young guys focussed on "modding" their IS200s.
Lexus GS 300 - Vincent de Marco
<< This car has a COARSE ride.
Eh, those Japs. They'll never learn how to achieve a magic-carpet ride.
- - - - - - -
I am the only Pole over here.
Lexus GS 300 - nutty_nissan
Actually, they have achieved it on the latest LS430 with air suspension. I think it was Autocar that reckoned the LS430 ride quality was marginally better than the S class.
Lexus GS 300 - Vincent de Marco
You mean the facelifted LS with standard factory 245/45 R18 ???
- - - - - - -
I am the only Pole over here.