What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Merc cruise control - Al 42
Driving to an MB dealer 20miles away to have the brake fluid changed (half the price of my local one) I noticed cruise control wouldn't work on the motorway - or indeed above 55mph. I asked the dealer to check it over and they said this was due to the wrong tyres being fitted (205 55's on 16 inch rims) - these are the standard MB wheels and the tyres were fitted by an MB dealer! Before I take this up with Mercedes could anyone give me a guide as to what the problem may be - is there a sensor perhaps that's been left off?
Merc cruise control - Aprilia
Most probably due to wrong sized tyre or one or two tyres being more worn than others. The MB cruise control system is very sensitive to tyre diameter.
Merc cruise control - Al 42
Thanks for this advice, the back tyres are new with only a few hundred miles on (Continentals)- the fronts are about half worn and I think Champinos or something. Do the front and back tyres need to be the same make? They're all 205 55 16's by the way.
Merc cruise control - Aprilia
They need to be the same *rolling diameter*, to within a couple of percent.