What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Pug 106 steel wheel rims size - solara
Hi,
I have a peugeot 106 diesel 1994 model, which needs a complete set of steel wheel rims. The previous wheels (alloys) were of size 165/65/R13.

I am having trouble finding 13" steel rims for this car.
Can I use 14" rims, or would this make the steering more heavy? The car doesnt have power steering, and I wouldn't want to make it any heavier.

Also does anybody know whether I can use 13" ford wheel rims from a fiesta or Ford Ka?

Thanks
solara
Pug 106 steel wheel rims size - john deacon
dont the wheels from a AX or saxo fit? get em at scrap yard and have new tyres fitted
Pug 106 steel wheel rims size - Dynamic Dave
Can I use 14" rims, or would this make the steering
more heavy? The car doesnt have power steering, and I wouldn't
want to make it any heavier.

Bigger diameter wheels won't make the steering heavier, the physical width of the tyre would make it heavier though.

Also putting on 14" wheels will affect the speedo reading unless you put lower profile tyres on to compensate.

If you do decide on bigger diameter wheels and tyres, you can use the following to calculate the speedo inaccuracy:-

www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

Pug 106 steel wheel rims size - solara
Thanks, forgot about speedo reading.
Will try another scrappy for 13inch rims, and will also look out for citroen alternatives.
Pug 106 steel wheel rims size - defender
14 inch wheels with 165/60-14 tyres would be 1.6% over your current spec and 165/55-14 1.4%under so nothing to worry about,this equals less than 0.5mph at 30mph.anything less than 2%will not make that much differance to performance or fuel economy
Pug 106 steel wheel rims size - Simon
Are your peugeot wheels 3 stud or 4 stud? If I remember correctly Citroen Saxo steel rims tend to be 3 stud. A Saxo would be a good bet though because of its relation to the 106.