What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Focus Instrument Panel - Andrew Scott
Until yesterday I had not used my Ford Focus 1.6 (2003) for 4 weeks. The car has been kept in a garage. Yesterday before starting the car, I noticed that the Fuel Guage & Temperature Guage read approximately 1/3 before turning on the ignition!.
The car started first runs OK, the guages then read as expected, but on turning off the ignition and parking the car the guages not zero.
I believe that any repair will be covered by Fords 3Year Warranty however I would be interested if anyone has any ideas as to what has caused the problem? Many Thanks

Andrew
Ford Focus Instrument Panel - toolslinger
dear andrew
i also have the same problem on my 2002 1.6 zetec.it has been back to the dealers twice, but they have failed to sort the fault.i posted my thread some time ago, and recieced seven replies. page 24 if want to read these.if youre dealer finds the fault could you write back with the solution.

peter richardson
Ford Focus Instrument Panel - Dynamic Dave
i posted my thread some time ago, and recieced seven replies. page 24 if want to read these.

Depends on how many topics you have set to be displayed in your settings. On mine it's on page 12. Anyway, the link is here:-

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=27152
Peter,

Thanks, for your comments.

This morning the problem appears to have cured itself, however since the car is booked in for a service, I will mention it to the dealer and ask for their comments. However I guess that if the problem has gone away or is not present when the car is in their workshop they will not show too much enthusiam.

I will let you know the outcome.

Regards

Andrew
The car was looked at by the dealer today, who looked to Fords for advice. Ford are aware of a general problem with similar cars but since the guages read correctly when the car is running, suggest I live with the fault,perhaps in the next year Fords will find a cure!

Andrew
The car is nearing its next service, the fault remains, I note from the Ford Focus Owerners club website, Fords have renewed the instrument panel under warrenty on some Focuses,have any more readers here, experienced this problem and has it been resolved on their cars.

Andrew
Ford Focus Instrument Panel - mrbeginner
how about giving it a good wack on the dashboard!i do that sometimes on my picaso if some of the lights stop working usually does the trick!
Ford Focus Instrument Panel - keo-the-dog
i thought they were supposed to do that they do in my mondeo ...cheers...keo
Ford Focus Instrument Panel - Adam {P}
Keo,

if you mean the fuel guage, then on the Focus it should rest on ignition off and only read the fuel level on Ignition II.
--
Adam