What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Front Brake pads require replacing - ukjazz
Our Jazz will require new pads at only 30k anyone recommend replacements which provide a longer life?
Civic pads in the past have lasted up to 60k
Also any tips in fitting the pads ? at 1st glance the caliper needs to come off
As a pensioner I have no desire to pay £60.00 per hour at a dealer
regards
ukjazz

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 17/01/2010 at 03:23

Honda Jazz Fr Brake pads - Aprilia
30k is not unreasonable, obviously a lot depends on the nature and type of driving.
Honda Jazz Fr Brake pads - afcone
Just had my second year service on a 2008 Jazz, which needed both front and rear pads changing at a total cost of £230, after only 14,500 miles. Does anybody know if this is reasonable? I asked at the Honda dealer to be told that the softer compound used these days means that pads are lasting in some cases only 8,000 miles. Most of these miles were urban driving, but I'm don't brake harshly.

Seems to me that either I've been ripped off by paying for replacement pads that weren't in need or replacing, or Honda should be more upfront about the incredibly high service costs - seriously, £230 every 10K miles for replacement pads?
Honda Jazz Fr Brake pads - Bill Payer
We just px'd a 2003 Jazz with 40K miles and it was still on its original pads. Car is used mainly for 5 mile runs into, and around, town from a semi-rural area. I'm easy on brakes but my wife isn't!

The dealer did say the pads had about 6mths left on them a couple of years ago, and they actually rang half-way through the year to see if I'd like to have them changed. How thoughtful! I checked them before last years service and they still looked fine, and the (same) dealer didn't even mention them.

Our car had disks/drums - maybe the pads are smaller on the later cars with disks all round?
Honda Jazz Fr Brake pads - nortones2
Fixed price menu (aka Honda Happiness): £85 each end, total £170. Ask and you shall receive. Don't ask, and thou shalt be ripped off:)

Edited by nortones2 on 17/01/2010 at 11:00