What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Car aerials - Gary Blunt
Can anyone tell me where I can purchase an aerial for a '92 Nissan Primera at a reasonable price. Nisssan main dealers want £37 quid!! ( and it's not even an electric one!)
Re: Car aerials - Robert Major
Pack of 6 coat hangers in Argos £4.99. Metal ones work better than the wooden ones!
Re: Car aerials - ladas are cool
try yahoo auctions, you sometimes find electric ones for about £15. or try halfords, A1 autoparts, wheelers of durham.
Re: Car aerials - David Woollard
Gary,

I've never noticed the position of the Primera aerial, what type is it and where is it broken. If a roof type and the base is OK why not look in the breakers for a Primera and just unscrew its aerial.

You might even find one from another car fits if you take the old bit along for a match.

David
Re: Car aerials - Gary Blunt
Thanks for the tips boys the nissan has it's aerial on the rear wing next to the hatch and the problem is the size of the hole in the bodywork. I tried halfords and a couple of local auto shops but they had nothing to fit such a large hole. I even tried one of those ones that you wedge in whats left of your old aerial but the reception was not too good.......any other suggestions.??
Re: Car aerials - Michael
Gary, is it fitted to the offside rear wing like the 95 model? If so, either a breakers yard (and get the electric version) alternatively a standard side fitting aerial from Halfords might be cheaper, although not necessarily better.
Re: Car aerials - Tom S-S
Any electrical aerial in the scrap yard will fit the best ones I hav found are from Saabs 900 and 9000 provided they haven't been caught in the hatchback
Re: Car aerials - Brian
My old Orion, long since departed, used the rear window heater as the aerial, through a splitter.
It worked perfectly, no chance of damage in a car wash or vandals snapping it off.
Why has it gone out of fashion, I wonder.
Re: Car aerials - Rob Fleming
Reception is better with a roof mounted aerial.
Re: Car aerials - mark
Rob
Only whilst it is attached! :-)
Regards
Brian
Car aerials - David Lacey
We had exactly this problem on a Primera we sold.
However hard we tried to get something else to fit - we were stumped.
A Nissan genuine part was the only answer.

David