What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Audi S4 Avant - Used car price bubble ? - Steveieb

With news that a friend who bought an Audi S6 Avant in February being contacted by the dealer making him an offer of £7 K to sell the car back ,

is this the time to seriously think about cashing in before the bubble busts? Even though a lease deal doesn’t end until February ?

Audi S4 Avant - Used car price bubble ? - catsdad

Who knows but my speculative WBAC offer has dropped by about 10% in the last month on my 2018 Golf.

Audi S4 Avant - Used car price bubble ? - Manatee

Who knows but my speculative WBAC offer has dropped by about 10% in the last month on my 2018 Golf.

Open an incognito browser window, try again and see if you get a different value.

Audi S4 Avant - Used car price bubble ? - catsdad

Good point Manatee but it’s just a bit of fun for me. I don’t really intend to sell. In further support of your point Cazoo, who I only asked a couple of times a few weeks apart, have just offered more than WBAC ever did.

Audi S4 Avant - Used car price bubble ? - RT

With news that a friend who bought an Audi S6 Avant in February being contacted by the dealer making him an offer of £7 K to sell the car back ,

is this the time to seriously think about cashing in before the bubble busts? Even though a lease deal doesn’t end until February ?

It's only a paper profit - if the car needs replacing, any replacement will cost more.

Audi S4 Avant - Used car price bubble ? - Manatee

The rise in used car vales and especially in asking prices has been quite unusual.

In Sept 2017, 4 years ago, I bought a 6 month old Mazda MX-5 for £18,500 and I thought at the time that I slightly overpaid. This September I saw an identical car, also a 17 plate, being offered by a Mazda dealer at £18,700.

I thought values had dropped (it is a convertible, and it's October) but I see there is still one on Autotrader for £18,650. How's that for depreciation?

www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202110218734303

Audi S4 Avant - Used car price bubble ? - Wee Willie Winkie

In October 2019 we bought a 2018 Citroen C3 Flair, 1.2 with 26000 miles on. Cost was £8295. Looking now for the same 2018 car with the same miles, the cheapest is now £10400.

We're umming and aahing over selling and leasing an EV instead. Online valuations for the C3 range from £8500 to £9100. Not bad depreciation for 2 years motoring!

Edited by DieselBoy on 30/10/2021 at 13:55

Audi S4 Avant - Used car price bubble ? - MGspannerman

I paid 14k for a 10700 mile, two year old Avensis petrol auto estate. It now has 61k on the clock in the 3.5 years I have owned it and other than full main dealer servicing, tyres and brakes it has only needed a new battery. I gather these are quite desirable cars and just for fun I have been checking WBAC. Around 10 or so weeks ago it offered £8440, peaked at £9850 and today £9760. I think I could sell it privately for £11.5 - 12k. Quite an attractive proposition.

With it now being over 5 years old and 60k+ I am (somewhat seriously) considering cashing in as the depreciation will accelerate with age and miles, and the attraction of such a vehicle will decrease. With a leg issue and the car being quite low a sitty-uppy type of vehicle appeals, and I have always fancied a Lexus NX. Obviously much more expensive, and their prices have escalated too, but every now and then a sensible price appears, and then quickly disappears. With the Lexota ten year warranty that largely removes the low risk of a major failure and the new model just being launched this could suitably improve both supply and price. We have a second car so I could flog the Avensis and then sit on the cash for when opportunity knocks. Tempting, but tempting enough to overcome the inertia? well, not so far.

Audi S4 Avant - Used car price bubble ? - wantstolearn

I am seeing cars at inflated prices but being offered ordinary px.

Audi S4 Avant - Used car price bubble ? - sammy1

Yes that's the way it works. Dealers only survive on finance and how much you are prepared to part with.