What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Fiesta - Immobilizer fault - OceanMan

Hi again all,

I left my (09 plate, 1.25 petrol) fiesta in a carpark for 20 days without driving it. It was dead when I tried to start it today. Unfortunately I allowed a chap to try and give me a jump,.when he did, the cables started to spark and smoke heavily, and the rubber on the able melted, and obviously my car didn't start. I called out breakdown company who told me it was an imobiliser fault and he recommended taking it to a Ford garage.

Are there any alternatives to this? I've been reading articles about bypassing or just resting the imobiliser, which I would be willing to do rather than spend money I don't need to at a garage

Because it's Sunday I haven't taken it to a garage yet anyway. If I do, does anyone know how much I should be expected to pay? I'd like to go in with a rough Idea of the cost before going in. Also, I'd greatly appreciate garage recommendations in warrington. If anyone knows of a trustworthy mechanic close by I'd appreciate the tip.

Ps. I just watched this video. Although they're not the same model, is it possible that this could work for me before taking it to a garage? Unfortunately I'm not with my car currently so will not be able to check the dash until tomorrow

youtu.be/Rm5qAVuejZE

Edited by OceanMan on 22/08/2021 at 15:24

Ford Fiesta - Immobilizer fault - elekie&a/c doctor
If you are very lucky, it may have just blown one or more fuses . Start by checking those in the engine bay fuse box , next to the battery. Other fuses in the cabin behind the glovebox. Anything beyond fuse issues , then you could be looking at serious damage .
Ford Fiesta - Immobilizer fault - OceanMan

Thanks for the response. Apart from the fuses do you know if there are any other possible solutions, that can be potential diy fixes before taking it to a garage?

Ford Fiesta - Immobilizer fault - elekie&a/c doctor
Not really. Anything beyond fuses will need specific test equipment.