Mazda 3 Skyaktiv-G 2.0 2015 - Mazda 3 oil specification - MAzman15

HI All,

I have a friend changing my oil and filter for me. He is experienced but I didn't want to bother him too much beforehand.. or look like a numpty by asking dumb questions regarding suitable oil. ;)

My Mazda 3 manual states 5W-30 and API SL/SM/SN or ACEA A5/B5.

I have found the 'Castrol Magnatec 5W-30 A5 Stop-Start' to meet all of the above and as such seems like a good option (Euro car parts Product Code: 521773421) .

I also saw in one of the Mazda service manuals that Castrol is recommended the absence of Mazda official own band lubricant that the dealers use.

The only thing I'm not sure on is that this particular oil also meets ' Ford WSS-M2C913-C/ WSS-M2C913-D specifications' . Is it wise to assume that this is not a problem for my Mazda. Forgive me if this seems over cautious but I am a novice at oil procurement!

Any guidance appreciated.

Thanks

Mazda 3 Skyaktiv-G 2.0 2015 - Mazda 3 oil specification - bathtub tom

It meets the spec in your manual...................................................

Mazda 3 Skyaktiv-G 2.0 2015 - Mazda 3 oil specification - edlithgow

There was a close relationship between Ford and Mazda for a while, with lots of Mazda derived Fords (Ford Escape and Mazda Tribute, for example) so shared specifications are unsurprising, but they aren't especially surprising in unrelated vehicles either. Just means the product meets both sets of manufacturer-specific criteria.