Seat Ibiza 2014 - Engine squealing sound. - Nexusbird

Hey all. So a bit of a back story, the flap under the glove box that recirculates the air has been ticking for a little while when reversing, i was advised it would cost around 300 to get fixed because of how they have to strip everything out to do this. So i left it, recently it has started when the car starts not and not just when reversing.

So about a week ago my car started with this squealing, or like an owl (yes an owl) sound. its like a cooing, at first i thought it was something scraping on the break disk so i took it to the garage.

They were not able to really pin point the noise but did say its coming from the engine and it could be the air circulator.

It happens at random intervals, it happens more often when at 2k RPM, but it can sometimes happen when lower. and it happens more often in lower gears. I have no idea what it could be, i do remember about 2 years ago i was advised that the coolant gas needs replacing because its running low, i have no idea if this is relevant but i thought i would mention it.

I have a video of the sound, you can hear it more clearly at around 1 min 35 seconds.

If im not allowed to post a link i will remove it.

easyupload.io/l3cbmr

Thanks in advance for your help.

[I've checked the link and it's a mp4 file, seems fine but you access it at your own risk. Good luck with this one, I can't hear anything amiss..., Xileno - moderator]

Edited by Xileno on 11/05/2021 at 19:32