What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Kia Sportage 1.6GDI manual - Fuel consumption. - _

Following on from an earlier post where i did "Drive like a Nun"

I kept a record over a 1000 miles recently, and overall 39 ish MPG with about 50% urban and the rest A roads and Motorways.

One little glitch that I think was my fault, Cruise control would not switch off pressing the brake pedal but did with the button and a gentle bit of handbrake. But in no danger as i always switch it off approaching traffic.

Have not been able to replicate it, but searched online and found one single post 4 years ago on a Kia forum. seems my size 12's might have been pressing throttle AND brake pedals at the same time. OOPS!

I did have some proper hefty broad walking shoes on.

Another handy thing I found this week is that the rear seats have 3 levels for reclining..

Car doing well and zero problems.

Edited by _ORB_ on 23/07/2020 at 18:33

Kia Sportage 1.6GDI manual - Fuel consumption. - bazza

Spiritmonitor is giving about 35mpg from the 1.6, out of 100 odd samples, so your mpg gentle driving is about right. I wouldn't expect any more than that overall. Perfectly acceptable for what it is I'd say.

Kia Sportage 1.6GDI manual - Fuel consumption. - focussed

Size twelves? - they aren't shoes they're canoes!

Sorry ORB!

Kia Sportage 1.6GDI manual - Fuel consumption. - _

Size twelves? - they aren't shoes they're canoes!

Sorry ORB!

Have heard it all before.. No offence taken. And no, I can't walk on water...

6'2" 95 kilos nowadays and sadly comfortable shoes are harder to find than good cars, but they are a nice tan pair of brogues from Church's and the tread is wearing nicely.

Have reverted to slimmer shoes for driving.

As for the MPG I am driving with more attention to distancing and trying to react better.

Edited by _ORB_ on 23/07/2020 at 19:15

Kia Sportage 1.6GDI manual - Fuel consumption. - efad2

I've just done a brim to brim calc on my first 1200mls in my 16 gdi n/a and it came out at 32.9 This is with local normal steady driving betwee 5 and 30 miles per trip Loooking to get alot nearer 40 omore on longer trips in the future when the engine loosens up.abit

Only found out this week after 6mths ownership how the middle rear seat belt works ond stores away when folding the rear seats down