What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Private Hire Taxi Emissions Regulations 2020? - bery_451

Hi,

Last thing I want to do is spend £1000s on a car or if I buy a diesel car then realise in a year or two it becomes worthless and obsolete by new upcoming emission regulations making me buy another car that I cant afford otherwise I wont be earning to pay the bills you know what I mean.

Hence Im asking all these questions and hopefully get help here so I know which car to get to own that wont affect me when it comes to 2020 regulations and beyond. When a person invests £1000's its sensible to ask first to make sure its right which is understandeable.

Ok if I buy a private hire car now, which cars will pass the Euro 6 or Ultra-Low emission vehicles checklist? Which regulation the car must meet? I like to buy a car now that wont be affected by regulations and I be allowed to continue driving to 2020 and beyond. I believe by 2050 diesel cars marketcap will reach 0 replaced by electric/solar/hydrogen new markets.

When brexit happens next year will the regulations still apply from EU?

Govt plan for clean air zones by 2020 in major cities in which I live in bham. The plan is to reduce Nitrogen Dioxide causing up to 1000 early deaths a year per city.

Is there any financial help or grant to buy such vehicles?

Which car brand manufacturers have been know to cheat on their emission tests?

Whats Uber's take on all this?

Its halfway through 2018 now and 2020 is not far off.

Edited by very_452001 on 23/07/2018 at 21:49

Private Hire Taxi Emissions Regulations 2020? - RobJP

You've already been recommended a number of possible cars in the other thread.

Why not have a look at those cars ?

As to what new regulations might come out in 2,3, or more years ... well, if you've got a crystal ball and can predict them then you're doing better than any of us are !

Private Hire Taxi Emissions Regulations 2020? - colinh

Suggest you consult your local authority's website regarding requirements - a lot have brought in requirements already, in advance of the 2020 regulations

Private Hire Taxi Emissions Regulations 2020? - pd

Each local authority sets its own taxi policy.

You need to contact the one where you plan to licence your vehicle for advice.

Private Hire Taxi Emissions Regulations 2020? - bery_451

Ok cheers, I contact them.