mercedes S class - stop start - barney100

Don't feel too sorry for me but while my Volvo is being fixed the only car the hire company had was a New 350 diesel S Class...their Fiestas were all out. Is there anyway to disable the stop start, there is no button I can find.

mercedes S class - stop start - RT

It's a requirement under Euro 6 that SS can't be permanently disabled, as it's been tested with it operational - but many cars have a button, or menu option, to disable it temporarily until next time you start the engine.

Earlier cars with SS could have it disabled permanently.

mercedes S class - stop start - daveyjp
I trust you have ensured you will be in no way held responsible for the hire cost of the car you have been given. Circa £500 a day wouldn't surprise me if an accident (mis) management company is involved.

All covered on insurance....theirs nnot mine.

mercedes S class - stop start - Metropolis.

First thing i disable as soon as i get into a modern car, cant stand all the eco rubbish. Not sure of its location on the S class though.

mercedes S class - stop start - Cyd

Barney, send me an email to pcarter3 and I'll send you back at jaguarlandrover a pdf of the owners manual dot com.

Is it a standard spec S350 or does it have the optional multicontour seats?

thanks but found the button...on the centre console and once you find it...took me long enough it's a doddle.