Seat Leon 1.6 Copa - Seat leon Coolant Pump B fault at 23,500 miles??? - tessa2009

Hi,

I have a Seat Leon 1.6 registered jan 2013. The engine warning light came on and stayed on.

Garage said it was fault code P261A00 - coolant pump b egr cooling system fault.

Seat customer service HQ said there would be goodwill but that I had to take it to a dealershp - my nearest is 40 miles away. They confirmed it and said it would be £672 to fix (my local garage quoted approx £250-£300)

Seat have now refused goodwill and I am at loggerheads with them, waiting for a manager to call me back.

Is it unreasonable to expect this fault to occur at such low mileage?

Also, nobody actually seems to be able to explain the fault to me - Ive googled and cant find very much about it other than it seems that it causes the emmissions to increase (IRONIC in a car that is effected by the VW EMMISSIONS SCANDAL) already!

Any help greatly appreciated!

Edited by tessa2009 on 10/06/2016 at 15:38

Seat Leon 1.6 Copa - Seat leon Coolant Pump B fault at 23,500 miles??? - elekie&a/c doctor

These have an auxiliary electric coolant pump attached to the side of the engine block.It boosts the flow of coolant through the egr valve.(another regular fail component)The pump is around £130,and around 1-1.5 hrs to fit,as the coolant will need to be drained and re-filled.You have done well for it to last that long!