What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda Jazz EX 2009 - Electric windows - sjh

The windows on my Jazz appear to having troublesome moment. The rear nearside one is not working and the others work whether the key is in the ignition or not.

Yesterday the car was moved a couple of yards and after being cleaned, the car would not start and the electrics briefly came on, wnet of, went off etc. etc. No water was used inside the car or under the bonnet.

The car was bump started and all apeared OK.

Yeaterday could be a red herring as far as the windows are concerned as I could not say whether the windows did this before.

Does anyone have any ideas what the issue is and what can I do?

In anticipation, thanks to all.

Honda Jazz EX 2009 - Electric windows - elekie&a/c doctor

Bump starting the car tends to suggest that the battery is in trouble.Is it the original one?

Honda Jazz EX 2009 - Electric windows - Falkirk Bairn

Bump starting the car tends to suggest that the battery is in trouble.Is it the original one?

Corrosion / faulty earth strap connection - take it off, give it a rub/cleanup and reconnect.

Honda Jazz EX 2009 - Electric windows - madf

Charge the battery first.

Then get it tested. And buy a new one.

Driving 20 yards is a recipe for a flat battery.

Thank you for the replies.

Yes it is the original one and when I get a multimeter (tomorrow) I will be testing it. It was my first thought but I am confused as to why the windows now work whether the keys are in or not. Could this be the battery?

Honda Jazz EX 2009 - Electric windows - daveyjp

Modern car electrics are complicated. It only takes a small voltage drop for all sorts of funny issues to raise their heads.

Honda Jazz EX 2009 - Electric windows - Falkirk Bairn

www.coxmotorparts.co.uk/genuine-honda-jazz-battery...l

Genuine Honda/Yuasa battery with 20% off parts price £60 inc VAT

Honda Jazz EX 2009 - Electric windows - piggy

AnoThe vote for Cox Motors.I have dealt with them in the past and been very impressed with their service.

Once again thank you for your replies.

I checked the battery with a multimeter y'day and although it read 12.4v, when we started itt up it fell to 7.4v before recovering and read 14+v. I am told that this is a sure sign the battery is "on its way out".

I am confused.

I have rung a couple of places for battery prices and some tell me that I will need to set up a 'trickle charge' to the leads as I change the battery as it will mess with the ECU, radio and clock settings - the clock and the radio I am fine with but the ECU ???, and others tell me that it is a simple "on and off" swap.

Could anyone set me straight with this please?