What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda CR-V 2013 - Tyre pressure warning light illuminated - sensible Tel

I've just had new winter tyres fitted on the origonal alloy wheels of my CTRV. I was advised that the tracking was incorrect so I had a 4 wheel laser check to correct the alignment. On the first straight road after the fitting the "check tyre pressures" warning light illuminated. The tyre pressures were correct, the garage reset the warning from the drivers seat.

Is it normal that tyre changes trigger the warning system. Why should the warning system activate? It hasn't previously activated.

Honda CR-V 2013 - Tyre pressure warning light illuminated - RobJP

I believe your car has the 'rotation' system, the same as mine.

How it works is that it monitors how fast the wheels are turning for a given speed. Any considerable change, over a short period of time, indicates a puncture (pincture = less pressure = smaller size).

So going from part-worn tyres to brand-new tyres, you've changed the overall circumference. That, at a given speed, flags up as a possible puncture, and the warning light displays.

Honda CR-V 2013 - Tyre pressure warning light illuminated - Falkirk Bairn

Been there, got the T-shirt.

Get your car handbook out.

It explains step by step the button presses neede to reset the computer - all should be well - it might take you 5 minutes.

I rotated the fronts to the back to even tyre wear and this gave the same fault as you expereienced within the first mile.