Ford C-MAX - Car paintwork has stained - Lucy1207
All I can think is that I added a tiny bit of fairy liquid to my washer bottle. The next day the plastic washer jet was gunged up and where the water had ran down the bonnet it had left black marks, I guess from the black plastic jet nozzle, and has stained into the paint. Water from the jets that hit my wndscreen and then ran down my wing and drivers door have left white run marks. These marks have faded slightly after a thorough wash but they are still clearly visible. These marks disappear when heated up but then reappear later once cooled down. Any ideas on what to do? Thanks
Ford C-MAX - Car paintwork has stained - dan86

First thing would be to not use washing up liquid and instead use proper screen wash.

Secondly you maybe able to Tcut out the stains.

Ford C-MAX - Car paintwork has stained - Andrew-T
All I can think is that I added a tiny bit of fairy liquid to my washer bottle.

I can't believe anything as mild as Fairy would do that in 24 hours. Could it have been anything else? If that's all it was, TCut will certainly remove it easily. Sounds to me like something more caustic.

Ford C-MAX - Car paintwork has stained - jeffreyburkholderRoom

The concept known as C-Max Solar Energi concept was developed by Ford in collaboration with the Georgia Institute of Technology and California solar energy

Ford C-MAX - Car paintwork has stained - FP

The other day I made a rather off-hand comment about this poster, my point being that everything I've seen from him seems marginally relevant at best. I don't know if he/it is a bot or something.

My comment has since disappeared and, while I bow to the authority of the moderators, there was a serious side to what I put.

Perhaps Mr Jeffrey Burkholder-Room or whatever he is called would like to make a coherent posting and dispel my cynicism.

Ford C-MAX - Car paintwork has stained - Avant

Sorry FP - I don't think I ever saw your comment and I'm sure I wouldn't have removed it. I'm the only active moderator and even if someone else had moved it I would be able to see the removal. Software can do strange things!

I agree with you: it would help if Jeffrey could make comments in some way relevant to the thread.

Ford C-MAX - Car paintwork has stained - FP

My fault - I had misremembered - my post is there, in a thread in Technical.

Ford C-MAX - Car paintwork has stained - Wackyracer
All I can think is that I added a tiny bit of fairy liquid to my washer bottle.

I can't believe anything as mild as Fairy would do that in 24 hours. Could it have been anything else? If that's all it was, TCut will certainly remove it easily. Sounds to me like something more caustic.

I think it's not as 'mild' as the adverts suggest, Probably contains as much salt as the rest of washing up liquids.

Washing the car with a quality car wash product or traffic film remover should neutralize it.

Ford C-MAX - Car paintwork has stained - 72 dudes

I agree: I suspect a large proportion of the population use Fairy Liquid or another washing up liquid instead of proper screenwash. Some people still wash their car in it, so I can't see it causing paintwork stains. Could the Fairy have been contaminated? Could somebody have "sabataged" your container?!

As others have said, you need a mild cutting compound - T-Cut with wax is excellent but there are others around.

Alternatively a quick visit to an independent paint and body shop for "advice" might result in a kind soul polishing it out for you for a fiver.

Edited by 72 dudes on 23/11/2015 at 15:03

Ford C-MAX - Car paintwork has stained - primus 1

You could try using a clay bar following up with a good quality polish, but try on an inconspicuous area first, and stick to using a dedicated screenwash