Honda CR-V - Honda CR-V 2015 refresh - when available ? - Nigel_HD
Simple question, I thought. Which week number will dealers be opening order books for the refreshed CR-V, and which week number will deliveries start. I asked at my local dealer. "Don't know. Sometime late spring or early summer." So I contacted Honda UK. "Sorry we cannot tell you. We do not have this information. You must contact your local Honda franchise." Going round in circles here ! This is unbelievable. The CR-V is made in Swindon. The refresh was announced at the Paris Motor Show. The high-level details are already on the Honda UK website. They MUST have this information, because I know how project management and supply chain logistics work. I cannot see why this information is "secret". Everyone knows the refreshed car is coming, and if they think withholding the information will make me order a run-out "2014 model" they are seriously mistaken. Anyone care to comment or share any information ?
Honda CR-V - Honda CR-V 2015 refresh - when available ? - Auristocrat

Everyone may know a refreshed car is due, but no car company is going to reveal the launch date of a new model until the date is convenient to them from a business point of view. Whether that is when stocks of the outgoing model are sufficiently reduced, or another reason.

Quite often sales staff don't get to know the launch date until a few weeks before.

Honda CR-V - Honda CR-V 2015 refresh - when available ? - daveyK_UK

I had a similar situation enquiring about the release date of the face lift Fiat Doblo van.

The local dealer didnt know when it was due, the guy genuinly tried to find out but was unable to confirm a month other than it was 'Early 2015'.

Later in the day I called Fiat, after being passed around I finally got talking to a member of staff who told me they expect the first deliveries by the end of April for the vans with the MPV's to follow.

Edited by daveyK_UK on 15/01/2015 at 22:31

Honda CR-V - Honda CR-V 2015 refresh - when available ? - xtrailman

Its the same with other makes.

Mazda have a revised CX-5 due, its been mentioned in the press but all you can find for a release date is early 2015.

Same with Nissan, a new 1.6 twin turbo diesel is due but no dates available anywhere.

They always want to get rid of old stock first either by discounts or selling to the unwary. Chap on our estate bought a CX-5 last year, i told him the model revisions otherwise he wouldn't have a clue, dealer sold him the old model so he then had to wait for another new car to be delivered as he wasn't happy.

Honda CR-V - Honda CR-V 2015 refresh - when available ? - SteveLee
What is the point of the CR-V now they've torque limited the rear transfer to the point where it can no longer be considered a 4x4, what was a solid part-time 4x4 SUV is now a complete joke. You're paying a SUV premium for a front wheel drive car.
Honda CR-V - Honda CR-V 2015 refresh - when available ? - focussed

Apparently the latest gen on the CRV rear drive problem is that Honda will replace the rear transmission hydraulic pump unit with a stronger one and re-programme the drivetrain computer if a customer complains about noise-not lack of rear drive, just noise.

Honda CR-V - Honda CR-V 2015 refresh - when available ? - Nigel_HD

Its the same with other makes.

Mazda have a revised CX-5 due, its been mentioned in the press but all you can find for a release date is early 2015.

Same with Nissan, a new 1.6 twin turbo diesel is due but no dates available anywhere.

They always want to get rid of old stock first either by discounts or selling to the unwary. Chap on our estate bought a CX-5 last year, i told him the model revisions otherwise he wouldn't have a clue, dealer sold him the old model so he then had to wait for another new car to be delivered as he wasn't happy.

Interesting comment to my original post. I have noted the CX-5 revision (yes, DAB radio at last - long overdue), and also the 160PS engine due at some stage in the X-Trail. If Nissan launch this before I make my choice, then I will test drive it, but I refuse to even test drive a model which I know is soon to be obsolete. Dealers must curse the internet, but actually it is the manufacturers who are to blame for announcing new models or revisions months before they are due to hit the showrooms. Volvo are the worst culprits (and I currently drive a Volvo). The new XC90 was teased in snippets for months before it was formally launched (which I think was last August), but I now see that it will not be in the UK showrooms until, I think May or even later. The brochure and prices were available in November. I remember the 1960s when Autocar and Motor would have a 'new model' hidden under a white sheet and where the announcements were embargoed until the agreed launch date. Even car showrooms used to cover up their windows to add to the suspense. Now we have gone to other extreme. All very silly.