What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Anyone know of a model for this please ? - _Chris_

Am looking for a Mazda, Mitsubishi, Honda, Nissan or Toyota in the same shape or as near as possible to the Zafira - any ideas please?

Anyone know of a model for this please ? - Wackyracer

Are we talking new cars or used cars?

Anyone know of a model for this please ? - Auristocrat

If used:

Mazda Premacy, Mazda MPV or Mazda 5

Mitsubishi Grande, or Mitsubishi Spacewagon

Honda Stream or Honda FRV

Nissan Serena, or Nissan Almera Tino

Toyota Picnic, Toyota Corolla Verso, or Toyota Verso

Edited by Auristocrat on 05/04/2014 at 00:00

Anyone know of a model for this please ? - Avant

If you need only 5 seats, the Nissan Qashqai is worth a look, new or used. If you need 7, then Auristocrat's list is pretty comprehensive.

Anyone know of a model for this please ? - 72 dudes

Qashqai +2 is an occasional 7 seater btw.

Many, many thanks, this is useful info. I'm trying to buy used. So far, I'm liking the Qashqai. If anyone has anything else to add, please do.

Edited by _Chris_ on 07/04/2014 at 18:33

In fact, going by previous comments, I may also look at the Verso, but I can't see any difference between the Toyota Corolla Verso and Toyota Verso?

If it helps, I have £10,000 in cash to spend and looking for something from Mazda, Mitsubishi, Toyota, Nissan or Honde in Zafira shape (definitely no bigger than that) up to 5 years old.

Also, it doesn't need to be 4x4 and it will only driven on the road.

Anyone know of a model for this please ? - Oli rag

Mitsubishi ASX is well liked by owners.

"In fact, going by previous comments, I may also look at the Verso, but I can't see any difference between the Toyota Corolla Verso and Toyota Verso?"

There isn't one: at some point Toyota dropped the name Corolla and called it just Verso. That may well have happened when the Corolla was facelifted and became the Auris.

I'd say that your choice should be between the Verso, the Qashqai and possibly the Mitsubishi ASX (you don't see many ASXs about so it may not be easy to find one within your budget).

Edited by Avant on 11/04/2014 at 22:57

Many thanks, the ideas have been great.

Okay, have done a bit more research into this and it seems as though the nearest in body to the Zafira, by manufacturer, would be:
Mitsubishi - ASX
Nissan - Qashqai
Toyota - Verso
Honda - CRV / HRV
Mazda - CX5
Would everyone here agree with the ones above?

Needs to be between 1.8-2.2L, automatic, petrol and with roof rails.

Anyone here got any personal experience of any of these:

Mitsubishi - ASX
Nissan - Qashqai
Toyota - Verso
Honda - CRV / HRV
Mazda - CX5

Needs to be between 1.8-2.2L, automatic, petrol and with roof rails.

Anyone know of a model for this please ? - Happy Blue!

That's a wide range of cars. Some are jacked up hatchbacks (none the worse for that) and others are purpose designed five seaters. You need to decide which one suits you best.

FWIW I have driven a Qashqai for a month and really liked it. But I did not sit in the back nor did I take all my family in it at the same time (wife and three kids).

Some friends are replacing a Honda FRV with a Qashqai and consider the reduced space not to be so terrible.

Am starting to narrow it down more now. Looking for a Qashqai, 2L, petrol, automatic, no leather seats and with roof rails, 2010 and 2wd. Fully realise that I may not find this straight away, but I do have a car in the meantime, and the cash can just sit in the bank in the meantime, so no rush and the wait will be worth it. Anyone know the Qashqai model that would fit the above please?

Try looking on Autotrader.