What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Fiesta Saloon - Fallout on paintwork - brickydave

I bought my 11reg fiesta in August on collection i noticed a few rust like marks near the rear numberplate .I ws told by salesman it was just a bit of fallout that could be easilyremoved so he had i boked in to have a acid treatment applied. when i got the car back i noticed somemore and informed him straight away.He said it needed looking at again .I am starting toget a bit concerned about the lasting effect of thisfallout and wonder what to do next.

Just wondered if anyone knew were i stand about getting rid if metal fllout fron paintwork.Is it dealers responsibilty?

Ford Fiesta Saloon - Fallout on paintwork - Dimebag

I suppose at the end of the day you bought the car and inspected it etc so im not sure where you stand on this one.

Not sure what you mean about the acid treatment on the paintwork ?

if you do have to remove it yourself find a local vehicle detailer who will advise on the best course of action or pop along to halfords and buy a clay bar treatment and try that.

Edited by Dimebag on 18/10/2013 at 13:38

Ford Fiesta Saloon - Fallout on paintwork - Wackyracer

I don't understand what you mean by 'fallout' ? Have you been parking it close to a nuclear power station?

Surely if it is rust stains then somewherre above the stains there must be something rusting.

Ha ha the fallout is industrial fallout likely caused by grinder sparks or overhead railway power lines giving off sparks.Little metal splinters land on the car and settle in paintwork and then begin to rust.I just wanted to know best way to get rid of these without damaging paint thanks

Ford Fiesta Saloon - Fallout on paintwork - gordonbennet

Hot sparks so burned into the paint?

Can't see a detailers expensive mornings T cutting sorting this out.

What about using a clay bar?

Ford Fiesta Saloon - Fallout on paintwork - gordonbennet

Try T cutting a test patch as out of sight as possible, either polish out or they won't.

Never used a clay bar, far too much faff for me.