What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Civic Honda 2.2 Diesel 08 - High Miles on a used Civic Honda 2.2 Diesel 08 pla - ipsga

Just wondering, if all the other boxes are ticked is there generally a mileage to avoid on used cars? Its a long family 'rule' that 50-70l is the absolute maximum, but surely if a vehicle has been well looked after, FSH and there's nothing dodgy then would it be safe to look at 100+ K miles on the clock.

Reason for asking is I am strapped for cash as we all are and I am never going to be able to change unless I go for something with higher miles, my trade price seems to have diminished rapidly over the last two years and I don't have much to put into the deal.

Its the Civic I am interested in and a few pals have recommended the 2.2

Civic Honda 2.2 Diesel 08 - High Miles on a used Civic Honda 2.2 Diesel 08 pla - madf

Service history, condition and read the Owner's Club and HJ rviews for problem areas to look out for...

When buying a new to me car, I always atart by googling "Renault Megane problems " if buying a Renault Megane. (I hasten to add I would not). You get some horror stories if the car is unreliable..

Civic Honda 2.2 Diesel 08 - High Miles on a used Civic Honda 2.2 Diesel 08 pla - focussed

I've got an 07 which I've had from new, has been fine apart from a slipping clutch which was replaced under warranty, no problems, always a joy to get in and drive it. Can achieve high forties mpg if you're not hoofing it about. Check out http://www.civinfo.com/ for the inside information, this forum is for the 8th and 9th generation civics from 2006.