7 seater - paulfrog

Hi

I need a new 7-seater - my company car allowance will get me upto about £30K

I've had Renault Grand Espace (2001) and Toyota Previa (2005) in the past and am a big fan of BIG. Neither of these seem to be made anymore and the only big one left seems to be the Chrysler GV which seems to be on its last legs (and is horrible for car tax with 207 gms of CO).

Everyone seems to point to the S-Max.

Does anyone have any ideas? Need to get 3 kids in plus lots of luggage for fairly regular trips to Normandy and up north.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Paul

7 seater - Ordovices

Ssang Yong Rodius? It's big.

7 seater - thunderbird

Ssang Yong Rodius? It's big.

So is an elephant but you wouldn't want to take your wife and kids out on one.

S-Max is a good car. Also check the new Seat Alhambra, the sliding rear doors are a big advantage in car parks.

7 seater - Dutchie

We have the Grand C4 Picasso 1.6 Diesel a few months.Enough room for three kids on the rear full size seats.Big boot plenty of room.I've had a spare tyre cage fitted it is a skinny spare better than a can of goo.Ours is the manual six gear.We often take our grand daughter she loves the vieuw and is comfortable in a toddler seat.There are two more small seats what make's the car a seven seater.I don't use it no need.I like driving the car the seats are very comfortable Ideal for the long distance.Easy to park I have driven a few cars, for a family this is a good one.

7 seater - Avant

I would say it's between the Ford S-max and the SEAT Alhambra / VW Sharan. These last two are the same model, but you could see which specification suits you. Ford still do the Galaxy but I think more people go for the S-Max.

Our regular contributor Happy Blue has had an S-Max for a few years nowand is very happy with it: I think some of us on this forum may have suggested it to him.

7 seater - oldtoffee
Hyundai Santa Fe? High roof, pop on a dog guard and loads of space for 5. Done Lower Normandy 5 up fully loaded many times and needed all the space. With 7 seats just a few soft bags fit in. Recommended but bik may prove an obstacle.
7 seater - Happy Blue!

As Avant said, I have had my S-Max 2.0TDCi auto for over three years. I bought one after I rented one overseas and realised it was far superior to my Volvo XC90.

Could not be happier with the car. Its blend of performance, comfort and economy is very good and it has been reliable.